improving Tutorials

Donald Cobb

Hello all,

I'm wondering if Accordance would consider adding a function to the tutorials. As it is now, you have to move your cursor from one "next" button to the following. And since the button moves from one spot to another so you can see where the command has to be entered, you're always moving your mouse from one place to another, potentially all over the screen, including when you submit the command "Do this for me". Would it be possible tweak this a little in order to go to the next command simply by hitting "enter", as with most computer functions? 

This may seem like a very minor request but, for me, it's a game changer in terms of using or not using the tutorials. I find the tutorials very helpful but moving the mouse is time consuming and a distraction. So I end up hardly ever using them. 

I'd be interested to know if others have the same experience. Thanks for your feedback!

• Like 4

Totally agree about moving all over the place clicking is a pain.
As is having to click next on the online help.

thats why i like books!!!!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Donald Cobb said:

including when you submit the command "Do this for me".

This is another improvement I wish would happen. When the tutorials first came out, I was curious, so I clicked on something about the highlights and said "do this for me" thinking it would show how to do it sort of like a movie. When it was over, and I realized it had literally messed with my highlights I was pretty ticked. After that I never used the tutorials again since I couldn't risk it making changes to my work.

So I would see a major improvement is that the "do this" function would do it like a movie, but not literally do it, OR would do it in its own folder, which would keep tutorial changes totally separate from the actual work.

• Like 2

Great feedback! I’m logging all of this as a feature request.

• Like 1