Is there a way to disable auto tab ties when amplifying?

TheBard

When amplifying a Bible passage it automatically tab ties the resource to the Bible tab. However, I will almost always find myself removing tab ties. For example, maybe I want to scroll through a large section of Scripture while having the commentary up and not have the commentary keep "moving". I'd rather not have to manually disable tab ties all the time and rather "choose" when I want to have tab ties which is not very often.

Is there a way to set a default to where it does not tie to tabs when amplifying?

• Like 1

I don't believe so. This has been requested several times. I would love to see it implemented as a right-click option (for example). There are times when scrolling is useful but it's far from always being the case.

• Like 1

Thanks for this! I’ll add this as a feature request.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Thanks for this! I’ll add this as a feature request.

Great, I hope it gets into a new update!

@TheBard

A workaround is to use Ctrl-D / Cmd-D to duplicate the Bible tab.

The duplicate tab is not linked, and you still have the original tab for reference.

6 hours ago, Lawrence said:

@TheBard

The duplicate tab is not linked, and you still have the original tab for reference.

That is a great suggestion! I will definitely use this .

—Joseph

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lawrence said:

@TheBard

This could be considered a (hopefully) temporary fix as you still need to do a 3 step process: 1) do Ctrl-D, 2) hit Enter, 3) close the original copied tab.

Good to know a faster way to do this, so thanks for this and I'll plan to use this until hopefully it's changed.

Really though, this needs to be a default option.

9 hours ago, TheBard said:

This could be considered a (hopefully) temporary fix as you still need to do a 3 step process: 1) do Ctrl-D, 2) hit Enter, 3) close the original copied tab.

Good to know a faster way to do this, so thanks for this and I'll plan to use this until hopefully it's changed.

Really though, this needs to be a default option.

You're welcome.

Step 2 (hit Enter) shouldn't be needed. Ctrl-D is supposed to duplicate the tab, so it ought to show the contents instead of showing an empty page until we press Enter. Hopefully, this will be logged as a bug and fixed.

As for whether it should be the default option, there are arguments both ways. It could be a selectable preference. Maybe a preference where you can toggle whether <click> and <ctrl-click> give you linked and not-linked respectively, or the other way around.

Edited by Lawrence