John 19:6 in the ESV modual Needs Fixing.

Misulejoha

I was reading through the Gospel of John in the ESV modual and noticed that when I got to 19:6 part of the text was set in a subscript.  I know this is not a high priority issue, especially with all the other issues going on, but thought I would document it here for future correction.

Screenshot 2023-02-26 012835ESV_John 19-6.png

• Like 1

Well spotted, it just needs a space after the footnote link to n. These sort of things are usually reported as a correction. If you right click on it, you will have an option and that includes all the relevant info accordance staff need to find it and fix it and it goes directly to their correction in box for action. 

;o) 

B3A954B7-ECA3-4AEC-8890-8C88C4D3CA13.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 2

@ukfraser

Ah, I wasn't aware you could report it this way.  Thanks for the tip.  I will definately report it as a correction.

• Like 1

I can see the fault in my version as well (ESV with Strong's, Accordance 14.0.4, Windows 11).

Since this involves Bible text, Accordance should give it top priority since their big thing is having the Bible as the centre of their application.

• Like 1

I'm not seeing this on Mac – interesting.  My ESV is version 6.5.

Mac OS 12.6.3

Accordance 14.0.4

Screen Shot 2023-02-26 at 3.54.16 PM.png

• Like 1

Not an issue on my device - Windows 11 pro Accordance 14.0.4 ESV with Strong's version 6.5

• Like 1

1 hour ago, accord said:

I'm not seeing this on Mac – interesting.  My ESV is version 6.5.

Mac OS 12.6.3

Accordance 14.0.4

Screen Shot 2023-02-26 at 3.54.16 PM.png

That's intreresting indeed.  Other than me working from Windows 11/ Accordance 14.0.4 not sure why there is a difference between moduals.🤷‍♂️

50 minutes ago, Gary Raynor said:

Not an issue on my device - Windows 11 pro Accordance 14.0.4 ESV with Strong's version 6.5

That's odd.  I too am working from Windows 11 / Accordance 14.0.4 with ESV Strong's version 6.5.

Screenshot 2023-02-26 012835ESV6,5.png

1 hour ago, Lawrence said:

I can see the fault in my version as well (ESV with Strong's, Accordance 14.0.4, Windows 11).

Since this involves Bible text, Accordance should give it top priority since their big thing is having the Bible as the centre of their application.

I would think so too.  From what I've read from various post similar to mine is corrections like this don't happen all too often or at least not for several years.  I certainly won't hold my breath for a corrections to happen any time soon.

I am seeing this error with ESVS ver 6.5, Accordance ver 14.0.4 and ver 13.4.2, on macOS 13.2.1 and macOS 11.7.4. Also on Windows 10 ver 21H2, Accordance ver 14.0.4 and ESVS ver 6.5.

Strange indeed!

—Joseph

• Like 1

I see the same problem on Windows 10, Accordance 13.3.4, ESVS 6.5.

It's probably a long shot, but the only other variable I can think to add to the mix is the version of the ESV Notes module. Mine is 5.1. Might those who aren't seeing the problem have something different?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Steven S said:

I see the same problem on Windows 10, Accordance 13.3.4, ESVS 6.5.

It's probably a long shot, but the only other variable I can think to add to the mix is the version of the ESV Notes module. Mine is 5.1. Might those who aren't seeing the problem have something different?

@Steven S

You might be right.  Maybe someone else with different ESV notes modual other than 5.1 can chime in and confirm if this is the case.  Unfortunately I deleted my ESV notes modual hoping a reinstall would resolve the issue. I'm not even sure what version my notes were. For some reason when I go to reinstall the modual it Accordance, under Easy Intall, says its installed.

Thanks for the discussion! I’m showing this to David Lang to see if he happens to know the answer to this.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

Thanks for the discussion! I’m showing this to David Lang to see if he happens to know the answer to this.

Thanks @Nathan Parker

While your at it can you have him look at the LSB modual as well?  Only this has to do with the Heading Title being out of place between John 19:16 and 19:17.  The Heading Title should come after 19:16 but instead is placed at the end of 19:15.

Screenshot 2023-02-26 180444LSB Heading Title.png

Edited by Misulejoha

4 minutes ago, Misulejoha said:

Thanks @Nathan Parker

While your at it can you have him look at the LSB modual as well?  Only this has to do with the Heading Title being out of place between John 19:16 and 19:17.  The Heading Title should come after 19:6 but instead is placed at the end of 19:15.

Screenshot 2023-02-26 180444LSB Heading Title.png

Edited by Misulejoha

3 hours ago, Steven S said:

ESV notes are version 5.1 – and all is working well here.

Mac 12.6.3

• Like 2

Text is displaying OK on my Windows 10 laptop using ESVS version 6.3 on Accordance 14.0.4. Can't check on my Windows 11 PCs as both are out of service just now.

Edited by Gordon Lyons
  • Like 1

I have ESV notes 5.1 and the problem is present on all desktop versions I have (see above). I just checked my iOS version and the error appears there as well. (iOS 16.2,  Accordance for iOS ver 3.3.1,  ESVS ver 6.5,  ESV Notes ver 5.1.

—Joseph

• Like 1

As you can see on my screenshot at the top, im also seeing the issue in 

The Holy Bible, English Standard Version with Key Numbers ESV

Text Edition: 2016

Copyright © 2001, 2006, 2011, 2016 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers

All rights reserved Strong’s Number tagging ©2011 OakTree Software, Inc.

Version 6.5

using my rock solid version 3.3.1

iphone 12 on 16.3.1

1st gen ipad pro on 15.7

and it is right after the superscript footnote n which is why i thought the text is picking up the footnote formatting and a space is missing.
(Im seeing the error in the text so using the text version rather than the notes version which are also at 5.1 and from Gordon's comment, it looks like the text was ok on the earlier 6.3 version of the text though others are not seeing the error in 6.5 either so interesting.)

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ukfraser said:

(Im seeing the error in the text so using the text version rather than the notes version which are also at 5.1 and from Gordon's comment, it looks like the text was ok on the earlier 6.3 version of the text though others are not seeing the error in 6.5 either so interesting.)

Following your remarks, I updated my ESVS from version 6.3 to 6.5, but both versions display the text correctly on my Windows 10. It does look like a font formatting error (superscript) in this case - but why only occurring with certain installations?

Edited by Gordon Lyons
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Lyons said:

Following your remarks, I updated my ESVS from version 6.3 to 6.5, but both versions display the text correctly on my Windows 10. It does look like a font formatting error (superscript) in this case - but why only occurring with certain installations?

Very strange, hopefully we will get some words of wisdom from someone at accordance very soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Lyons said:

That's what's got me scratching my head.

• Like 1

I see the formatting error on my Mac and on my iPhone.

Accordance for Mac 13.3.4, [Mac OS 13.2.1 2021 16 inch MacBook M1 processor]

Accordance for iOS 3.3.1 (3.3.0.15888), [iOS 16.3.1 iPhone 12]

• Like 1

It is incorrect on my Mac running macOS 13.2.1 and Accordance 14.0.4.

Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 2.56.27 PM.png

• Like 1