Lighting the Lamp Podcasts

rgallo

Hello Nathan

Would it be possible to group all the past Lighting the Lamp podcasts. 

When I look for those on the Accordance website On Support > Videos they are scattered everywhere.

No separate category for that. Is there a filter?

I also use the Apple Podcast App and find all the Lighting the Lamp Podcasts there.

Lately for some reason those don't work anymore. 

Thanks

Check out the Accordance Google Youtube collection. A playlist for Light the Lamp includes almost every video and the few stragglers yet to be corralled are on the to do list.   

Edited by kcmizzou

Hello Zou

Check I copy that. However many old ones are missing on You Tube.

The best ones are on Apple Podcast app. Super well organized.

Can you get some to work. Looks broken.

Thanks

I found one that was not in the list but is on the site. It simply hasn't made the playlist. I also reported some of David Lang's videos that are not yet in his playlist. Everything is there they just haven't got all the furniture in the right rooms yet. But Playlist organization on Youtube is huge in my opinion and I hope all new videos are added both to Youtube and the Vimeo platforms.

Edited by kcmizzou

Check. Good to know

Apple Podcast shows 187 Episodes. Episodes Unavailable for some reason.

Apple Podcast Screenshot

Screenshot2023-02-24at6_40_24PM.thumb.png.5225b95c95ee99184d2ea93a0cc2cb9c.png

The Youtube playlist shows 162 videos and I know that at least one more is on the site but not in the list. I don't know anything about the Apple podcast thing. Nathan will answer that for you.

I am actually going through many of the best of the Dr J tutorials and preparing text based booklets to accompany the training with additional resources to help students work through the examples. Some Accordance features have been updated. Dr J made a point that some things like construct searches and syntactical databases are rather advanced and 15 minutes won't get it done without a lot of hands on work. I know this from personal experience. So as I have time I may be able to do something useful for others.

If you see anything missing from the playlist let Nathan know.

Nathan,

I made an inventory of the Dr J Lighting the Lamp playlist on Youtube and found the following:

The following videos are on the Youtube site but not in the playlist: 124, 127, 129, 143, & 179.

A video marked "Accordance 9 Features" is probably number 36 and is not in the playlist.

There are two videos marked 80 and one is probably 81 also not in the playlist.

This leaves 1-15, 29, 100-102, & 104-106 missing from both the playlist and the site.

Hope that this is helpful.

Edited by kcmizzou

OK Thanks for all the good info. 

Yes I will check the ones on YouTube and Vimeo.

All episodes on Apple Podcast are unavailable.

Edited by rgallo

Thanks for the feedback! We’ll look into this. We’re also considering reviving “Lighting the Lamp” where I could host it and offer some updated training on it.

• Like 2

@Sean Nelson This would be a good thread to look at.

Hello Nathan

Thanks for your help

Just a reminder that there are several excellent videos in the descriptions of modules. For instance, this morning I was looking at Butler's Analytical Expositor (a resource I already own) and noticed an excellent video there that showed the many ways it could be used. Check it out. By the way the reason why I noticed it was that it was on sale.

https://www.accordancebible.com/product/analytical-bible-expositor-john-g-butler/

• Like 1