Grasping God’s Word Update (Fourth Edition)

mikeboorman

Hello! Wondering if there was anything in the works for updating Grasping God’s Word by Duvall and Hays to the Fourth Edition. It’s the required textbook in the Hermeneutics course that I teach. Thanks!

Thanks for this! I’ve filed a module request for the Fourth Edition. You could ask the professor if they’ll let you use the earlier version. Sometimes they will allow it.

Thank you for the quick response Nathan! The good news is that I am the professor and do allow the third edition. The challenge is with the fourth edition being used in print I was hoping the students could get the “digital equivalent” of what they are already using. Do you think this kind of module request would end up being an update to the third or a release of a new module? If it would be an update I will suggest they look at the third edition and just wait for an update. Thanks again!

Good question! That would depend on the publisher, so I wouldn’t know for sure until we’ve actually chatted with the publisher. I believe Zondervan publishes it? If so, it’s “likely” going to be a separate module. So far most of their module revisions have been separate modules. We’ll have to find out from them though, since it all depends on what they want to do.

My apologies Nathan, I just saw your instructions post. Here is the pertinent information (though I know you’ve already submitted a request).

• Title: Grasping God’s Word (Fourth Edition)
  • Author(s): J. Scott Duvall and J. Daniel Hays
  • Publisher: Zondervan Academic
  • Retail Price: $49.99
  • ISBN: 978-0310109174
  • Rationale: I teach an undergraduate Hermeneutics class and we use the latest print edition of GGW (currently fourth edition) and its accompanying workbook. Logos appears to have the textbook and workbook in digital format (https://www.logos.com/product/218631/grasping-gods-word-study-pack-4th-edition).
Edited by mikeboorman

Great. Thanks for this!