Loeb/Perseus and Diogenes

Donald Cobb

I'm moving this into feature requests

10 hours ago,  Enoch said: 

And will it add Loeb classics?

And will Accordance tag Perseus?  But that could  be a monumental task.  Now I have to decide if I want to buy it again, now from accordance.

A suggestion was made some time ago that Accordance adopt the same technology as Diogenes for classical texts.

https://d.iogen.es/d/

I have zero knowledge on computer technology, so I can't say anything as to how it's done, but Diogenes has the capacity to take untagged texts and parse a word as well as tie it into a lexicon definition (LSJ), and does it with a high degree of accuracy. It was originally designed for parsing TLG texts. Something like that in Accordance, that could scroll with the translations, would be huge, IMHO.

• Like 2

Sounds good. Is this an actual module we’d add in Accordance, or an Accordance software feature we’d need to add? I’m putting together a list of module and feature requests this weekend, so I want to ensure I put it in the correct category.

3 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Sounds good. Is this an actual module we’d add in Accordance, or an Accordance software feature we’d need to add? I’m putting together a list of module and feature requests this weekend, so I want to ensure I put it in the correct category.

I was thinking of the technology begind Diogenes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Donald Cobb said:

I was thinking of the technology begind Diogenes.

Take my hand, I'm a stranger in Paradise.  I am like where was Moses when the lights went out.  . . . In the dark.  I assume you speak of some computer program. But what does it do?

• Like 1