Why does Accordance 13 work with Yosemite OS?

Enoch

I see the Accordance statement that "Accordance 13 runs on OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher".  How is it that I have run Accordance 13 without problems on Yosemite (once it got installed)?

This question came up as I searched unsuccessfully to find out what is the last version of Accordance which will not run on a 64-bit OS (above Mojave)?  So if you are trying to hold onto a "legacy" version of Accordance, at what OS level of upgrade will it no longer work in your computer?

Edited by Enoch

• Enoch changed the title to Why does Accordance 13 work with Yosemite OS?

Hi @Enoch,

Concerning your first point, this is just a thought, but I think when a company says the minimum requirements, that is the minimum for ALL the functions to work. However, with programs which say this (and Accordance also, I presume), there is likely some functionality on older versions, but some functions won't work.

I unfortunately can't comment to your other point, and fundamental question, as I don't have a computer running a super old OS with Accordance on it.

• Like 1

I believe Sierra is our minimally supported version. If you can get it running on Yosemite or an older OS, great. However, it's possible you could encounter some minor issues.