Setting Default Text for Hypertext in Commentaries

jwierwille

Hi, I am trying to change the default text for hypertext links in all commentaries (I know I can specify them individually in the Set Tool Display for each commentary). I want to switch the default hypertext globally for all commentaries no matter which one I open. Right now, Accordance just uses the first text in my library list. If I switch the order, then it uses whatever other text I put first. So, is there a way to specify the default hypertext for commentaries without reordering my texts in the library? I am using Accordance 14.0.4. Thanks!

• Like 1

Settings—>Tool Display

I have "Text" set to the CSB, and "Alternate Text" set to the NRSVS, for times when the tool hyperlink contains a deuterocanonical reference.

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 2

In theory, you can set the default text for all Tools (not just Commentaries, but all Tools) by going to Preferences (which I believe is under the Edit menu on Windows), then choose Tool Display on the list on the left and use the "text" drop-down to select a default text.

I say in theory because there have been multiple reports of this not working, and Accordance instead using the text at the top of your library organization.  I just tried it on my Mac and it works.  Somewhat to my surprise, as I thought I had been able to reduce this reported bug.  But it may well be a Windows specific bug.  In which case, I either only remember reading about the bug here in the forums, or I have reproduced it on the Windows machine in my office.  (Which has Accordance installed)

• Like 1