Tec support vs. bug reports

Accordance Enthusiast

Seeing this post. The problem is that too often the same bugs are found on Mac and Windows, and even worse, it has often cost me a good deal of discussion to convince Accordance that something is really a bug. Could you guarantee us that the bug reports will actually be tested by Accordance staff on both Mac and Windows? Tech support has been a good place for both Mac and Windows users to discuss and confirm bugs.

Yes. I’m about to get access to a Windows PC, so I’ll personally be testing every new bug report that is posted there on both Mac and Windows after 14.0.5 is released (since it’ll probably release before I have a Windows PC setup here). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

Yes. I’m about to get access to a Windows PC, 

If you still have an old mac with an Intel chip, you may want to run windows in a virtual box. I found windows ran faster and more reliable on my mbp compared to my windows box. 

• Like 1

I have an Intel Mac, and I was going to go that route, but there are some apps I’ll be running on it that don’t play too great with a virtual machine.

Plus, a friend of mine is buying me a new Windows PC and insists on buying me an actual PC (not a Windows and Parallels license). So I guess I can’t turn that down. 🙂 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ukfraser said:

If you still have an old mac with an Intel chip, you may want to run windows in a virtual box. I found windows ran faster and more reliable on my mbp compared to my windows box. 

For bug hunts, it can help to work with something less reliable, more open to manifesting programming flaws.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

I have an Intel Mac, and I was going to go that route, but there are some apps I’ll be running on it that don’t play too great with a virtual machine.

Plus, a friend of mine is buying me a new Windows PC and insists on buying me an actual PC (not a Windows and Parallels license). So I guess I can’t turn that down. 🙂 

That's very nice of your friend. Good on you, too - I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that you're the critical link to Accordance's user base right now. Thanks for working so hard to enable good communication between the users and the various Accordance departments - development, marketing, management, support, and probably others.

• Like 1

Glad to be of assistance! I just learned the principle of “you reap more than you sow”. I gave away my 2011 iMac to a neighbor, now I’m gaining a Windows PC and an ancient iMac G3 to play with.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lawrence said:

For bug hunts, it can help to work with something less reliable, more open to manifesting programming flaws.

Very true. 
;o) 

• Like 1

I’m also going to post a couple of threads on here about reporting cross-platform bugs.

• Like 1