Reporting typos

Accordance Enthusiast

Seeing this post. The problem is that although I have reported more than two dozens of typos and mistakes over more than a year's period, not even one of them were corrected.

Maybe you should at least tell us whether the reported typos are accepted or rejected after the report, so we can give further information about the issues.

• Like 1

I want to help improve the products so when i see a typo, i report it. The same as when i find a bug. 

its then logged and can be dealt with and im not looking for a progress report, though in the past i have had helpful explanations when i have incorrectly reported something. (There seems to be several different leader boards, perhaps there should be bug and typo leaderboards as well!)

In another thread there is an explanation that they wait till they get enough typos to work on which makes sense, so if we want the typos fixed we need to report each and every one as soon as we find them so they get enough to make it worth fixing. Its easy enough to do and lets face it, they cant fix it if they are not aware of it.

If everyone reports typos as they come across them, it will benefit everyone eventually.

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 2

We do have an Accordance employee monitoring all corrections/typo reports that come in. Some small typos have been corrected, and the rest are in a queue for our module developers to work on as they have time.

I’ve kicked around the idea with our teams about a centralized typo reporting system that would allow users to see which typos have been reported and the current status on them. We don’t have anything definite to announce at the moment though.

In the meantime, your typos are being received and examined, and they’re at least in a queue to be addressed.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

I’ve kicked around the idea with our teams about a centralized typo reporting system that would allow users to see which typos have been reported and the current status on them.

I tend to report them as i come across them as its so easy. I very much doubt i will leave what im reading to check an external system to see if its already been reported. The result, i would probably be less likely to report them if i have to check first as it would be more of a distraction to break into what im doing where my focus is on what im studying. 

• Like 3

True. I generally just report them as I read them myself. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

I’ve kicked around the idea with our teams about a centralized typo reporting system that would allow users to see which typos have been reported and the current status on them.

This is a good idea. The "report a correction" item in the context menu should pull up a window instead of delegating to email. The window can provide some simple stats if internet is available.

• Like 2

True. It could pull up a window showing who else reported the typo and the status of it, but still keep it accessible from the Report a Correction context menu so one doesn’t have to go somewhere else to look it up.

• Like 2

That sounds like a lot of programming and i just wonder how much benefit or would that be better focused somewhere else (for example: updates on requested modules that are about to be released)?

• Like 2

True, we’d have to see what benefit it would actually provide compared to how hard it would be to implement. 

• Like 1