Using a Fuzzy Command

Joel Arnold

I’m wanting to do a search something like this:

[FUZZY 3] holy <AND> god <AND> the  <AND> house

I get an error message that I need a phrase following the fuzzy command (must be longer than 3 words).

Apparently the fuzzy command is inserting implied parentheses around the following command? Because if I do put the series of words linked by <and> in parenthesis I get the error message about parentheses within a parenthesis.

Ideas?

• Like 1

Hi @Joel Arnold,

This isn't super helpful, but I can't get it to work either.

If I put it in like you did, I get an error message, but a different error than you seem to be getting.

So since it said at least 2 less, tried moving the number to 1, then 2, but keep getting error messages. Really no matter how I phrase it, it gives an error message.

What are you ultimately trying to accomplish? Could the NOT command work instead?

Bildschirmfoto2023-02-13um22_18_44.png.caa2c100e1a0b3cdee5cd130b66475c5.png

• Like 1

Thanks for taking a look at it. My goal is to get hits where 3+ items appear out of a list of 8-9. Actually, my intended search is this and I hope to get any passages that have at least 3-4 of them:

Kenite* <or> Kenizzite* <or> Kadmonite* <or> Hittite* <or> Perizzite* <or> Rephaim <or> Amorite* <or> Canaanite* <or> Girgashite* <or> Jebusite*

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Joel Arnold said:

Thanks for taking a look at it. My goal is to get hits where 3+ items appear out of a list of 8-9. Actually, my intended search is this and I hope to get any passages that have at least 3-4 of them:

Kenite* <or> Kenizzite* <or> Kadmonite* <or> Hittite* <or> Perizzite* <or> Rephaim <or> Amorite* <or> Canaanite* <or> Girgashite* <or> Jebusite*

I don't think [FUZZY n] works by picking a certain number of given terms (like 3 out of 10 given words).

The Accordance video below indicates that 'n' would be the number of words that can be dropped/substituted in a given phrase, which doesn't sound like what you're looking for.

The INFER search might be more useful. It works by picking a source text and then finding something in the destination range that roughly matches the source. There are parameters you can tweak to determine how close the match needs to be. I'm not an expert on INFER searching (and INFER might not help), but if you're interested, have a look at <https://www.accordancebible.com/infer-search-beyond-the-basics/>.

If really desperate, something you might want to look into is to write a program outside of Accordance to generate the (at least m of n) boolean search string, then copy/paste that string into Accordance.

• Like 1