Make available a "New" High-lighting system as an alternative to the system in Acc 13 & above (revive Acc 12 Highlighting system)

Enoch

I did a lot of highlight of Bible texts & BDAG before Accordance 13 came out & radically changed the highlighting system.

Can you please produce a module or some alternative high-lighting system which is in fact the OLD pre-Acc 13 system?  "Highlighting-2" perhaps.

I would like to use the highlighting I spent so much time on  & have the system in Accordance 12 available in the newer versions of Accordance.

Thanks. 

• Like 2

Thanks! I’ll mention this to the programmers. I also collected @Kristin’s feedback on this.

• Like 1

Filing @Kristin’s feedback here on highlighting since I’m linking to this thread in my feature request report on this:

1) the new highlights introduced catastrophic corruption. I know I am not the only one who had spent hours and hours and hours on highlights just to see them be destroyed on multiple occasions.

2) the way the highlights were changed did not really make sense. There had in fact been improvements which could have been made (the numbers go to 10 while there are 12 disciples, tribes (I had recommended it going to 20), the letters going to j is totally random, either have an alphabet to z or not, etc, etc), but these things which really needed to be improved were not touched. Instead, the fundamental way someone highlights was changed, which was not better, just different.

3) while I do not personally use the pen feature, those who wanted to generally found it to not be accurate enough. No matter how careful you are to draw a line, it would only get to the letter you meant to hit half the time with the remaining time on a different letter or even different word.

• Like 1