Feature requests/tweaks related to English words with multiple Key numbers

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Several times recently I've run into some challenges when working with key numbers, specifically times when the English word is Keyed to more that one Key number, usually because the English word is translating two or more Hebrew words.  (For example, "discontented" in most translations of 1 Samuel 22:2).  To address that, I'd like to see three features/tweaks:

-Adjust Search by Keyword to take these instances into account; if this isn't possible, at least add a pop up box explaining why the search won't work.  (currently one just gets a beep and nothing else happens)

-Adjust how keyword word studies work in this instance.  Right now using this option when a word is keyed to more than one Key number results in [KEY H4751] @ [KEY H5315] which never returns any results, regardless of key numbers used.  I think because it is a nonsensical expression. At the very least, some sort of warning/explanation should pop up when trying searches like this.

-Add a "Copy As Key Number" option that would copy all applicable Key Numbers.  It was a nuisance trying to remember the Key numbers to enter in the Search>Key Number dialog.  (And having that dialog up meant I couldn't access the window where those numbers were shown.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lorinda H. M. Hoover said:

(currently one just gets a beep and nothing else happens)

What translation are you using? When I triple-click on "discontented" in the KJVS or "bitter" in the ESVS (both of which are tagged to two Hebrew words), the proper dictionary entries appear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Allison said:

What translation are you using? When I triple-click on "discontented" in the KJVS or "bitter" in the ESVS (both of which are tagged to two Hebrew words), the proper dictionary entries appear.

I'm not triple clicking to look up a key word;  I'm pulling up the contextual menu and choosing Search For>Key Number.  

• Like 1