Lost my keyboard shortcut

Clint Cozier

I've always used Command+U to edit a user note. A few days ago, it stopped working. I notice now that the keyboard shortcut for editing a user note is greyed out when I right click in.a verse to edit the note. I haven't done any major keyboard remapping in the last week....though a keyboard conflict would be my first guess. I've tried to change the keyboard shortcut for editing a verse, and for whatever reason I can't get it to change. Here is a screen shot of the greyed out menu.  Suggestions? Incantations I should try?

Thanks!

CleanShot 2023-02-10 at 10.02.44.png

• Like 1

Well....never mind. I went in and set the shortcut for editing a user note to command+option+n and it now works. We can now return to our regularly scheduled programming. That was fun.

Edited by Clint Cozier
  • Like 2

Hi @Clint Cozier,

I was in the middle of typing this when you said you found a solution, but I think will finish it anyway in case you have the issue for other shortcuts in the future. :)

I had a similar issue with the Text Browser, where somewhat randomly the program sees my shortcut as a conflict with something else. The "U" would be conflicting with "underline" I would imagine. With the Text Browser I would change it and it would work, then a few weeks later it wouldn't and around and around it would go.

I finally set it to a foreign character so there was no possibility of conflicts and that finally fixed it. I think the new combination you came up with will likely work since it is complicated, and thus you are probably safe with it not conflicting with something else.

Anyway, I am glad you found a solution.

• Like 2