Accordance exchange

Dan12

I have 14 if you need me to test particular files from there.

11 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

I have 14 if you need me to test particular files from there.

I tried some diagramms... but also Bibles

none is working

e.g. sermon illustration

or the part of speech

• Like 1

Thanks! I replied in your other thread. I know how to test this on Mac, but I don’t have a Windows PC to test. I’ll need someone with a Windows PC to test this for you.

Tech Support can assist with this if need be if you need to call or email them, but expect a little wait as they’re super busy at the moment.

I tried 2 files and they both worked

Messianic Prophecies

OT Prophecies of Jesus

They had to be open through the "open file" command, double clicking on the file itself did not work

Windows 11, Acc 14.0.4

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting, I could open a bible with "opne-file" but a question to the diagrams, are they contantly saved at accordance, or do I have to open them always manually?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Dan12 said:

Interesting, I could open a bible with "opne-file" but a question to the diagrams, are they contantly saved at accordance, or do I have to open them always manually?

I would like to know the answer to that question as well.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dan12 said:

They should be in your library ever after; at least mine are.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Dan12 said:

You should see them in the "Accordance files" folder and they should be there all the time. You do need to make sure that you extract them to that folder though.

I think the files not opening when you double click on them is a bug. Double clicking opens Accordance but not the file that was double clicked on.

• Like 2

I posted on your other thread about the diagrams. I may need to eventually merge these two threads.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mike Atnip said:

They should be in your library ever after; at least mine are.

19 hours ago, Misulejoha said:

I would like to know the answer to that question as well.

If I importa a Bible it is in my Library but not the Diagramms

47 minutes ago, Dan12 said:

If I importa a Bible it is in my Library but not the Diagramms

Which diagram are your trying?

this is what I get from the Philippians module from the site

image.thumb.png.b8aeecab948764c5f679d044b4ee3926.png

image.thumb.png.c147945ccceca347ac796ccbfe8fb7d1.png

Edited by Erhard
added screenshot
  • Like 1

I noticed that the diagrams do not show up in "My Tools".

Nathan, that must be a separate bug??

• Like 1

They won’t show up in My Tools, but I believe you can add them to Workspaces.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

They won’t show up in My Tools, but I believe you can add them to Workspaces.

should you not be able to access all your resources from the Library?

• Like 1

They should appear under Workspaces in the Library.

26 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

They should appear under Workspaces in the Library.

This sounded weird until I tried it out. It turns out that the Diagrams on Accordance Exchange are saved as Workspaces.

image.png.6eae02dbf80325b58c605dd73fb375a5.png

@Nathan Parker BUG: After downloading and unzipping the Philippians diagram from Accordance Exchange, I double-clicked an .accord file. I could see the context in my already-opened Accordance Workspace flash black to show that it was now the window in focus, but "Philippians 1.accord" didn't open; likewise for "Philippians 2.accord". To open the file, I need to manually select it from Accordance -> File -> Open... -> select .accord file.

(Note to self: if creating syntax diagrams, select the text, then use the Add Parallel menu in the UBS5 pane. See picture below. I don't think it's available from the application's top-level menu bar. It would make for a better usage experience if the feature was available from the top-level menu bar, e.g. in Display.)

image.png.ee26feca5b227eb1679ff164af92ffa4.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lawrence said:

BUG: After downloading and unzipping the Philippians diagram from Accordance Exchange, I double-clicked an .accord file. I could see the context in my already-opened Accordance Workspace flash black to show that it was now the window in focus, but "Philippians 1.accord" didn't open; likewise for "Philippians 2.accord". To open the file, I need to manually select it from Accordance -> File -> Open... -> select .accord file.

I tried this and it seems you have to manually open it and then add the workspace in the file menu. Once that is done, you can open it from "My Workspaces" in My Stuff

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Erhard said:

I tried this and it seems you have to manually open it and then add the workspace in the file menu. Once that is done, you can open it from "My Workspaces" in My Stuff

This is what I was trying to remember that I did to make this work! Thanks for this!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Lawrence said:

(Note to self: if creating syntax diagrams, select the text, then use the Add Parallel menu in the UBS5 pane. See picture below. I don't think it's available from the application's top-level menu bar. It would make for a better usage experience if the feature was available from the top-level menu bar, e.g. in Display.)

Is this feedback I need to pass on?

6 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Is this feedback I need to pass on?

Yes, please. If I can't remember how to access a feature, it would be nice to know that I can always rummage through the main menu bar and eventually find it.

• Like 1

Will do!

• Like 1