Import files from - https://www.accordancefiles1.com/exchange/index.htm

Dan12

Hello,

how can I import files?

E.g. Bibles, or user tools and also Diagrams?

Try these instructions:

Installation notes: most of the files on this website are compressed. They need to be unzipped before usage. The resulting file will be a module (if it's in User tools, User Bibles or User Notes) or a highlights file (.hlt).

A module can be installed simply by double-clicking the module.

Accordance will automatically copy and install the module in the correct place. A saved workspace (Diagrams are a saved workspace) can be double-clicked to open, but can be kept anywhere. Ideally it should be in the Accordance File folder in your Documents folder. The highlights file must be installed into the Accordance Preferences folder (in the Preferences folder of your home Library).

• Sad 1

I tried installing some of the old English versions (Wycliffe, etc.) I think the Luther 1912 is the only one that worked for me. Since these are not super important, I did not spend a lot of time with them but did wonder if there are compatibility issues with newer versions of Accordance or something of that nature. I am on 14.0.4 Windows.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Try these instructions:

Installation notes: most of the files on this website are compressed. They need to be unzipped before usage. The resulting file will be a module (if it's in User tools, User Bibles or User Notes) or a highlights file (.hlt).

A module can be installed simply by double-clicking the module.

Accordance will automatically copy and install the module in the correct place. A saved workspace (Diagrams are a saved workspace) can be double-clicked to open, but can be kept anywhere. Ideally it should be in the Accordance File folder in your Documents folder. The highlights file must be installed into the Accordance Preferences folder (in the Preferences folder of your home Library).

its not working

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mike Atnip said:

I tried installing some of the old English versions (Wycliffe, etc.) I think the Luther 1912 is the only one that worked for me. Since these are not super important, I did not spend a lot of time with them but did wonder if there are compatibility issues with newer versions of Accordance or something of that nature. I am on 14.0.4 Windows.

how did you installed it

• Like 1

What modules are you trying to install from there? I can test. You can also access the Accordance Exchange from a standalone browser to download the modules, then install them into Accordance.

7 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

What modules are you trying to install from there? I can test. You can also access the Accordance Exchange from a standalone browser to download the modules, then install them into Accordance.

The Luther 1912 installed for me. The Luther 1545, Wycliffe, and Tyndale did not. I first tried downloading them from another browser (Firefox), unzipped them, and double-clicked. I also tried using the browser in Accordance (I found that "Use legacy browser" works okay for me, but the default browser slows my computer down to a crawl for whatever reason). I am using Accordance 14.0.4 on Windows 10.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

I tried for example...

Romans and 1 Corinthians - Diagram

https://www.accordancefiles1.com/exchange/diagrams.htm

but i cant open it!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This is what I did to test:

-I downloaded the Romans and 1 Cor file

-I unzipped it

-I double clicked on one of the files (1 Cor 1.1-3)

It opened for me.  I am, however, workin on a Mac, not Windows, as lit looks like you are.  If you were able to successfully unzip the file, but you can't open individual files, you might try renaming them so the file names no longer contain ( ) or .  as Windows is pickier about file names than Macs are. 

• Like 1

@Lorinda H. M. Hoover's instructions work for me, but I'm also on a Mac. I'll need other Windows users to chime in here, as I don’t have a Windows PC to test these on.

I had a chance to test on Windows, as I have Accordance installed on the Windows 10 machine in my parish office.  

I can download and unzip the files just fine. 

However, I cannot open the files by double clicking them in Windows Explorer.  When I do that, I get an error message (attached below)  At first I thought it was a Windows error message, but then I discovered that it was marked as an Accordance window in the Task bar.

What does work for me is going to Accordance, choosing File>Open and then navigating to the file from there.  Then the files opened just fine.

Capture.PNG.b3ef886554c2e583cb3f4555614c29c8.PNG

• Like 1

File/open does not work for me. I get this message, then a message saying that the file has moved.

error-load-tool.jpg

• Like 1

Okay, I got it to work by manually putting the files into the Documents/Accordance Files/User Tools folder, then open them from there within Accordance. I was able to do Tyndale, Wycliffe, and Luther 1545 Bibles that way. I have no idea if that is where they are supposed to be (I suspect not), but they are now available to me within Accordance. Windows 10 Accordance 14.0.04

• Like 1

Interesting, I could open a bible with "opne-file" but a question to the diagrams, are they contantly saved at accordance, or do I have to open them always manually?

• Like 1

I suspect that this is the same bug that will not allow accordance with a recent file or open to a workspace that you double click in windows explorer

• Like 2

Thanks everyone on these bugs. I will report them.

@Dan12 The diagrams are workspaces that you’ll have to open each time. There might be a way to add them to the Workspaces section in the library so they can be opened from the library. I’ve done this before. I can hunt down how I did it.

• Thanks 1