Identifying Version/Upgrade Existing Content (Pillar NT Commentary)

Spink

How do you identify which version of a product you own? Example: Pillar New Testament Commentary

I think I can manual look which volumes I own compared to the latest offering. But that seems a little backwards. 

These are appear to be the different options for Pillar:

How can I know which one I own?

Thanks for any help or questions. I may not have been clear in my description.

• Like 2

Did you check out this page?

https://www.accordancebible.com/article/buzz-articles-pntc/

I dont have it so places i would look at are you may also look at your library in purchasing so log in on line and then look at your orders and it may tell you there. Also look at the info on your pillar set in the library by clicking the i button. 

If all else fails, the obvious volumes to look at are james, 1-3 john and timothy titus and that should simplify which set you have when you compare them to the above page. 

or wait till monday and contact sales. 

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

If you’re wanting to ensure you have a particular version of a product, contacting sales/customer service is the best solution. Your Accordance Account Purchase History should list it as well, but I generally run those questions by sales/customer service if I want to ensure I’m on the latest version of a product.

@Spink, if you click the gear dropdown in the top-left corner of your open commentary, and then click About This Text..., the dialog that pops up should have the module name at the end of the first line of the body in parentheses (e.g., mine says "The Pillar New Testament Commentary (15 vols., 3 revised) (Pillar NTC-15R3)").

• Like 1

EDITED: Correction

10 hours ago, ukfraser said:

Did you check out this page?

https://www.accordancebible.com/article/buzz-articles-pntc/

I dont have it so places i would look at are you may also look at your library in purchasing so log in on line and then look at your orders and it may tell you there. Also look at the info on your pillar set in the library by clicking the i button. 

If all else fails, the obvious volumes to look at are james, 1-3 john and timothy titus and that should simplify which set you have when you compare them to the above page. 

or wait till monday and contact sales. 

Thank you for the link and info! 

8 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

If you’re wanting to ensure you have a particular version of a product, contacting sales/customer service is the best solution. Your Accordance Account Purchase History should list it as well, but I generally run those questions by sales/customer service if I want to ensure I’m on the latest version of a product.

I will contact sales/customer service. Another wrinkle is Accordance graciously added an update/content when those were made available after my purchase. However, now that I look. I am not seeing them available to me. 

8 hours ago, Steven S said:

@Spink, if you click the gear dropdown in the top-left corner of your open commentary, and then click About This Text..., the dialog that pops up should have the module name at the end of the first line of the body in parentheses (e.g., mine says "The Pillar New Testament Commentary (15 vols., 3 revised) (Pillar NTC-15R3)").

Thank you! I found my info. My gear icon happened to be top right - may be an Accordance 14 or MacOS!

I have The Pillar New Testament Commentary (15 vols.) (Pillar NTC-15)

However, I also have the 1st Edition of James and 1-3 John as SEPARATE content in my Library under Commentaries. 

Commenatries:

Pillar NTC (15 vols.) - still has 1st Edition of James & 1-3 John

Pillar: James - I think this is 1st Edition. 

Pillar: Letters of John - I think this is 1st Edition. 

Accordance to give me two upgrades/content of Pillar because it was released just after my purchase. I cannot remember if those were suppose to be 2nd Edition of James and 1-3 John. I will need to ask support. Cannot find the old email. 

I am wondering if the reason I have seperate commenatries for James and 1-3 John is because of Accordance manually adding them? Now just confuse

Question: How can I tell the difference between 1st & 2nd Edition? I think James and 1-3 John are 1st edition for both entries based on copyright date...

Edited by Spink
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Spink said:

Question: How can I tell the difference between 1st & 2nd Edition? I think James and 1-3 John are 1st edition for both entries based on copyright date...

Check the copyright dates (scroll around the front of the book). If there are two dates listed, you've likely got the 2nd edition.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

Check the copyright dates (scroll around the front of the book). If there are two dates listed, you've likely got the 2nd edition.

Thank you! I can now confirm that James and Letters of John which are both located in "Pillar NTC (15 vols.) and seperate as Pillar: James & Pillar: Letters of John are ALL 1st edition (2000 copyright). 

630668304_Screenshot2023-02-06at12_22_51PM.png.55088d1d7259712d2dd7b558e37f2505.png

I have emailed supporting to help me. This doesnt appear to be normal. I think it is connected to Accordance graciously adding some content/upgrade shortly after my purchase. 

• Like 1

Looking at the screen shot i would guess that if james and letters to john are both the 2000 volumes and in the the same as in the 15 volume then you probably have them duplicated as they are now separate and available as downloads outside the original set as you have bought them. You get something similar with wbc but it will be interesting to see what support says, you can save some space if its safe to delete them!!!!! Joy of joys. 

but should you decide to upgrade your set to get the latest volumes, then its good to know you still have access to the originals as well for future comparison. Win win. 

;o) 

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

Under Easy Install I only see the PNT 15 Vol. Not sure how I got the seperate volumes. Why would they be seperate? Why would it be the only two volumes that "happen" to have 2nd editions? 

Waiting for support (not expect a fast response, I just emailed them). 

@ukfraserwhen you upgrade a set do lose the old volumes/editions?

Edited by Spink
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Spink said:

@ukfraserwhen you upgrade a set do lose the old volumes/editions?

No, i have all my original wbc volumes, even the ones which have been withdrawn from publication since i bought them before they were withdrawn. I also have the original volumes which were updated in later sets.

This has also been restated by accordance in numerous threads on the forum. 

Once you buy something, its yours!

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

@ukfraser

Great. For example, what does WBC look like for your Easy Install. You have multiple options to select or by downloading one it downloads all (old & new)?

• Like 1

Wbc comes in two modules, nt and ot plus, for me, a few separate replaced and withdrawn volumes but to be honest, they are all small and i download easily all at once. (The only big files i have are the two audio modules and a couple of photo ones which i tend to be a bit more careful over easy install.)

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

@ukfraserThanks. I purchased the Pillar upgraded I needed. 

I have a couple questions...

1. Easy Install - only lists the new Pillar Module and not my previous purchase. I thought I would be able to maintain the previous editions and download in the future? But I do not see Pillar NTC-15 just Pillar NTC-15R3. The only other modules that I have purchased an "update" is NICOT & NICNT and both of those show two diffferent modules in the East Install a 48 Vol. and 45 Vol.

2. Is it possible to copy my highlights within the commentary from Pillar NTC-15 module to Pillar NTC-15R3 module? 

Thanks! 

Easy install will only show the new one because you already have the old one installed????? I say this because you posted that you had checked the volumes as 2000 and listed them above in your screen shot. 

. If you get a new computer you should see both (or you may just see the original volumes that have been updated, otherwise contact support and they will put them there, it happened once for me with wbc but most times i can see them all when i replaced my phone/ipad.)

dont know about highlights. 

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1