v.14 - Spinning beachball when entering wrong search criteria

Guntis

I have Bibele 2012 (Latvian) opened. I type in the Search field "Dieva iedvesmot*", but forget to swith "Verses" to "Words". When I press Enter, I get about 10 seconds spinning beachball cursor. Then message: 

Accordance 14.0.4 (14.0.4) MacOS 11.7.3 "Big Sur" There are characters which are unexpected or in the wrong position as shown in the selection.

$000000010B7E6610
  $000000010B7E6D04
  $000000010B9087A8
  $000000010BA0D398
  $000000010BA04EBB

• Like 3

Thanks! I reported this one on Friday.

• Like 1

This one bug is the reason I haven't installed version 14 on the computer I use in my auditorium classes at church — if you enter an invalid reference, you are going to see the "spinning beachball of death" for at least ten seconds — it wouldn't be so bad, but my classes are televised and ten seconds of dead air time seems like an hour. Version 13 of Accordance is much more gracious and immediately lets you know that you entered an invalid reference.

• Like 2

I am seeing those issues as well. I reported those spinning beachball issues. Can’t wait until they’re resolved. Or at least have Accordance play the Final Jeopardy theme while we wait. 🙂 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes me too.. this seems to be radically different behaviour with the new version.

I'm sure I haven't become more mistake prone (than usual!) but the beachball is ever present. I think the old behaviour was simply to default to 'flex' when it didn't find the book??

At any rate a return to 'normal' would be very much appreciated. 

• Like 1