How to print/export a word study?

dave.kellogg

How do I print or export a word study? Selecting the word study and going to File > Print only gives me a blank page and I can't seem to highlight anything in the word study tab to copy anything. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Hi @dave.kellogg,

I am still on v.13, so I am not sure, but just based on what you are describing I wonder if the word study is more of a picture. Just for diagnostic reasons, could you try to copy the just a part of the word study and paste it somewhere? That will determine pretty quick if it is text or a picture.

The other thing is on your printer settings make sure it is set to print the background. If it is a picture, the printer might be seeing it as a background and making it white.

So those are just some thoughts until someone who actually uses v.14 can answer better.

Take care,
Kristin

• Like 1

I looked through all the available settings in the print dialogue box that comes up and don't see an option anywhere to print the background.

• Like 1

Hi @dave.kellogg,

Thanks for letting me know. Were you able to try copying just a part of the word study? Like copy just the first word or the second word and paste it? Or were you able to confirm it is a picture?

• Like 1

Yeah, trying to copy any part of anything in that window does nothing. I just get the mouse pointer cursor and never anything I can select anything to copy with.

Edited by dave.kellogg
  • Like 1

Hi @dave.kellogg,

Ok, thanks for letting me know. That is interesting, as I had not expected that to be a picture. I know from other Accordance webinars in the past, that the way they recommend handling pictures is to take a screenshot of the picture, and then you should be able to print the screenshot without a problem. Let me know if that works ok.

Kristin

• Like 1

Just now, Kristin said:

Hi @dave.kellogg,

Ok, thanks for letting me know. That is interesting, as I had not expected that to be a picture. I know from other Accordance webinars in the past, that the way they recommend handling pictures is to take a screenshot of the picture, and then you should be able to print the screenshot without a problem. Let me know if that works ok.

Kristin

That would work OK if the tab was contained within the current screen area. How do you get a screenshot to include the area that you can't see unless you scroll down?

• Like 1

Hi @dave.kellogg,
It looks like you are on both Mac and Windows. I don't remember how to do it on Windows, but on a Mac you can hit COMMAND - and that shrinks the screen. I would do that enough times until the whole image is seen. It would also help to temporarily put the specific Accordance window in full screen. Assuming the picture is not too huge, that should work.

Also, when I do this I make a mental note of how many times I press - so that I can press COMMAND + the same amount of times to get back to the same screen size.

I think you probably know this, but just in case, to make a specific window large (as opposed to the whole program), there is this little box thing on the left side you can click. I will post a screen shot since I don't know what that is called.

Kristin

682819224_Bildschirmfoto2023-02-01um09_19_13.png.76658b8fc4fc8a56bd0cb9b53ff93aa6.png

• Like 1

The behavior of the Word Study display is much like the behavior of the Info Pane display. Neither appear to be designed to print the contents of these displays. I fear a screenshot of the visible portion is the best option at this time.

—Joseph

• Like 1

I need to test it myself, but screenshot is probably your best option. I may see if Snagit’s Scrolling Capture feature would work to get it all. I’m not sure yet.