Accordance hangs while updating Bible text for User Bible

David Jones

I tried making a user Bible for Turkish and had no success. After many trials, I decided to try a simple 3 line Bible using the KJV.

I used Notepad. The notation at the bottom says that it is UTF-8 and Windows (CRLF).

I received the following error: Extra blank line after the reference Genesis 1:1

I tried eliminating the blank space after Genesis 1:1 and reinserting it. Then I try to load again.

A window appears: Now updating the Bible text

Accordance hangs and I have to restart Accordance. This happened with the Turkish trials and also a simple English one. With Accordance running even MS Word often gets bogged down and it takes 3 seconds for a letter to appear after I type it.

I am running 13.3.3.

Can I get some help on building a user Bible? Thank you.

• Like 1

Hi David, the complaint about the blank line is probably a bug in Accordance.

I have reported this before, it happens with unusual languages like Hebrew, Arabic, etc. The only workaround I've found is to use Unicode for Hebrew, or else you need to use Accordance 12. Accordance 12 can import without complaining about a supposed blank line in the text. 

If you import a Bible text, be sure to restart Accordance and your PC before you start. And know that it can take more than an hour to import the text. Even though it seems to hang it is probably uploading the text slowly in the background.

• Like 1

If you eliminated the blank line, just restart everything and try to import the text.

Give it enough time it as can take extremely long to load. Give it at least an hour or more.

And yes, it does slow everything down, the PC is not very usable while loading a Bible text in Accordance.

• Like 1

I also moved this to Tech Support so more users will see it.

• Like 1