Link Greek dictionaries

Mike Atnip

I have a set of Greek dictionaries as pictured below, linked together. I know I can do a research that will open a "Lexicon lookup" tab with summaries of the hits. I think I would rather just have all the tabs populate with hits and skip the "lexicon lookup" tab. I can triple click and get the Strongs to hit, but the others will not follow the Strongs.

This old, old thread seems to be what I want, but it must not be doable now: 

I read in the help files that only verses can be linked, but if so, why do the dictionary tabs offer links to other dictionaries? So, again what I am after is that if I paste a word in one of these dictionaries, the others will sync with it automatically.

image.thumb.jpeg.cd69e8bff0c336dc74e5e9bce82f86fe.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

No reply, so I must be asking the undoable. 🙂

But if TheWord and Logos can do it, and it appears that in 2011 Accordance could do it, am I just missing something???

If I'm understanding you correctly, you should be able to get more or less what you're looking for by setting up a workspace with your different lexicons. Set them up and save them under an appropriate name (e.g., Greek lexicons), then pin that workspace on your menu bar. From there, you should be able to 1) double-click on a word in order to highlight it, then 2) click on the pinned workspace on the menu bar. That should open up all your saved lexicons to the same word, and the relevant passage if it's found in the lexicon under that heading.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donald Cobb said:

If I'm understanding you correctly, you should be able to get more or less what you're looking for by setting up a workspace with your different lexicons. Set them up and save them under an appropriate name (e.g., Greek lexicons), then pin that workspace on your menu bar. From there, you should be able to 1) double-click on a word in order to highlight it, then 2) click on the pinned workspace on the menu bar. That should open up all your saved lexicons to the same word, and the relevant passage if it's found in the lexicon under that heading.  

Hey, that was simple. 🙂 The tabs still do not scroll together (linked) but that is not a big deal to me. The other thing I am supposing is really simple is to "pin it to the menu bar." I can right-click and find my workspace. But I cannot find a way to pin it to the menu bar.

• Like 1

Pinning the workspace to the menu bar may be Mac specific. You can, however, right click and go to your lexicon workspace in "my workspaces". Someone else will have to chime in here about pinning it to the menu bar in Windows.

Yes, I know it doesn't scroll automatically, although I seem to have heard that there is a way to do that as well. I've never really tried.  

• Like 1

The option to "pin to tool bar" is greyed out. Maybe that is Windows specific. THANK YOU for your help today!

Edited by Mike Atnip
  • Like 2