Add to wishlist button adds item to cart instead

Steven S

I noticed this morning that trying to add multiple products to my wishlist results in them being added to my cart instead. I know this feature was working sometime during the last week, so it must be a recent regression.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback! Let me run this one by the web team. There were some recent website changes.

• Thanks 1

Although I could joke and say it’s a new “feature”. 🙂 

• Haha 1

BTW, @Nathan Parker, I think this is like the third issue I've reported against the website (not the forum) in the past year. I always feel dirty posting them under a forum dedicated to bugs in the Windows desktop client. :) I don't know if there's enough of a demand, but maybe creating a separate forum just for website issues could be in order?

• Like 1

There is a website forums section on here. You’re welcome to post them there.

1 hour ago, Nathan Parker said:

There is a website forums section on here. You’re welcome to post them there.

Thanks, will do that from now on. I only hesitated to do that before because, in my mind, the forums are not the website. :)

• Like 1

I thought it was a “website” section, but it is a forums section. I guess you can post them anywhere you think they make the most sense. 🙂 

On 1/21/2023 at 8:14 AM, Steven S said:

I noticed this morning that trying to add multiple products to my wishlist results in them being added to my cart instead. I know this feature was working sometime during the last week, so it must be a recent regression.

I had the same issue today when trying to add the MT-LXX database to my wishlist. I do not need it on my wishlist now, though, because I did end up buying it. Not because it was added to my cart automatically. 🙂 I did delete it from the cart at least half a dozen times, refreshed the page, etc, but never did get it to the wishlist.

• Like 1

I guess we’re trying to get you to buy the modules you really want when you want them. 🙂 

• Like 1

I didn't see this thread and inadvertently created a new one. Just cross-linking them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad, I thought it was a delightful feature. 🙂 Just kidding!