Preferences --> User Notes Display

brazyl

I have a 100% chance of crashing Accordance if I simply open Preferences --> User Notes Display.  

I know that Accordance 13 frequently crashed when I went through the Preferences, but I never isolated it to a specific part of the Preferences.  (Instead I preferred to simply get on with my work and not debug Accordance.)  I suspect that the conditions were identical.

• Like 1

I cannot reproduce this on my installation. I'm using 14.0.3 on latest Ventura 13.1

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 4:48 PM, KevinPurcell said:

I cannot reproduce this on my installation. I'm using 14.0.3 on latest Ventura 13.1

Okay, then the problem may be a corrupted preferences file. 🙁

Is there any way to export all of my preferences to avoid losing them before deleting the preferences file, to see if that fixes the problem?

I've Googled in the past for details on how to set and get Accordance preferences with `default write` and `default read`, but found nothing.  So it doesn't appear that Accordance uses a normal Mac approach to preferences.

• Like 1

I just tested 

defaults read -app "Accordance"

and it did give me some information, though I don't think it's everything.

Edited by brazyl
editor did not correctly style markdown for inline code
  • Like 1

I can tell you how to manually copy out your preferences files, then you can replace the files one by one and see which one causes the issue.

10 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

I can tell you how to manually copy out your preferences files, then you can replace the files one by one and see which one causes the issue.

Okay, thanks  👍🏼

• Like 1

Start with these locations:

I can check to see if there are other locations as well.

• Thanks 1