Various Improvement Requests

Martin Shields

There are a couple of things I'd like to see in the iOS version to make it more usable:

• Please only show details when the user actually taps on a word. At the moment, if I tap on white-space to the left/right of the text (left for Hebrew, right for others), then the nearest word is selected. This gets annoying when trying to hide details from a previous selection because Accordance immediately opens another word!
  • Please fix the original language searches by making available a way to select the various options for Tags. So, for example, if I wish to search for all masculine singular nominative nouns in the Greek NT, I can select "Noun" from "Tags" but then have to remember all of the various other pieces and type them in myself — and even then, if I type the search exactly as works on my desktop copy of Accordance, it doesn't work (e.g. a search for [NOUN masculine singular nominative] gives the result "The tag 'nominative' cannot be found or is not appropriate to the part of speech given!!!).

Thanks.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Martin Shields said:

Please only show details when the user actually taps on a word. At the moment, if I tap on white-space to the left/right of the text (left for Hebrew, right for others), then the nearest word is selected. This gets annoying when trying to hide details from a previous selection because Accordance immediately opens another word

Martin, just checking, Have you switched off 'single tap for details' under the instant details setting?

this may resolve the issue you are describing if you havent discovered this setting before. 

80DFB6F5-16AF-4760-9354-3FC1CAF758AB.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for that tip, Fraser!

—Joseph

• Like 1