Is It Possible to Save Reference Lists?

DoosanMan

I'm having trouble seeing how to save a list of Bible verses I've saved into a reference list.    I haven't used reference lists before but am thinking of using those for sermon preparation and want to be able to come back and open the list later.  Is it possible to save a reference list?  Thank you

• Like 2

You can save a workspace of them. I believe this is the recommended method at the moment. Other Accordance users can chime in about this. This is how I do it at the moment.

Another type of reference list feature is something I was pondering today that would be a neat feature.

On 1/15/2023 at 1:42 AM, DoosanMan said:

I'm having trouble seeing how to save a list of Bible verses I've saved into a reference list.    I haven't used reference lists before but am thinking of using those for sermon preparation and want to be able to come back and open the list later.  Is it possible to save a reference list?  Thank you

You can also save the list as a RANGE category. Copy the references into the search window, then save that with a name that will remind you what it is.

• Like 1

Being able to save AND EXPORT a reference list is definitely a feature that we need.  I have copied reference lists into stacks.  I have renamed the list and saved a session, and saved a workspace,  but it it would be really nice if it could be it's own thing rather than a workspace (I have many workspaces as a result and it gets busy and convoluted).

• Like 3

Yes, saving as a workspace is the best option right now.

• Like 1

Saving a workspace is how I get around not being able to save diagrams, too. Just name the workspace according to the topic of the reference list. 

• Like 1

I can PDF reference lists as well. That’s what I do to export reference lists of searches to people who need to read them outside of Accordance.

I agree, a reference list feature would be a lot of fun. Same with being able to save diagrams.