Greek NT Highlight File Gone?

Robb B

Hey,

I used to have a highlight file that was linked to the NA28 GNT module. Every word was highlighted with its grammatical significance denoted by the highlight. I did not create this myself. I'm almost certain I purchased this highlight system for Accordance in the past. Honestly, I can't remember, and my order history on the web store only goes back to 2019, so I can't look beyond that. Does anyone remember this module, and does anyone still have it? Is there a way to get this back? I cannot find anything similar in Easy Install. Sorry the details are a little fuzzy.

Most highlight files are user-created where a user might have shared it with you. I’d check the Accordance Exchange and see if it’s there. You can access it inside Accordance by going to Help>Accordance Exchange.

If you’re certain it was a purchased module, your best solution would be to call/email sales/customer service and see if they can locate such a purchase. I don’t recall that being an item for sale, but I could be wrong.

I got the same module some time ago from the Accordance Store. It's available there. 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 7:35 PM, Robb B said:

Found it! https://www.accordancebible.com/understanding-new-testament-greek/

The highlight file is on Accordance Exchange and works with that module.

What I don't understand is, according to the article, you can get it for free off of the exchange or spend $19.90 from the Accordance store. 🤷‍♂️

22 minutes ago, Misulejoha said:

What I don't understand is, according to the article, you can get it for free off of the exchange or spend $19.90 from the Accordance store. 🤷‍♂️

If I'm not mistaken, $19.99 is for the Understanding New Testament Greek Grammar resource.  The highlight file is free for anyone.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Misulejoha said:

From what I can see, the free thing just gives you colouring. To explain what the colours mean, you need the $19.90 resource.

• Like 2

The free resource is a highlight file created by a user.

The $19.90 resource is a published work that like @Lawrence stated, explains the highlights and works with the highlight file.

To clarify... I am the author of the Understanding NT Greek module for Accordance. The project started out in BibleWorks where I was highlighting various morphological features that I could then display when teaching. When I switched to Accordance, I created the highlighting file which I shared on the Exchange. I then developed my grammar which is more of a reference grammar than a teaching grammar to accompany the highlighting.

I will be starting a sabbatical next month, and one project is a thorough updating of the grammar and the highlighting. I hope to have it completed by May. I've been able to pull out more syntactical features like various types of conditions, commands, etc. I'm hoping Accordance will be interested in updating my work!

• Like 3

Keep us posted!

• Like 1