Compare changing main pane

Larry Wing

I have a Compare Workspace set up with several English texts versions. I want to change the version I am comparing to from ESV to NASB95 but when I drag the NASB95 to the first left hand pane ESV remains the primary. How can I change the compare using the new format and change in primary text?  

Accordance v13 on Mac

Hi @Larry Wing,

By a "compare workspace" are you referring to the text browser? If so, I am pretty sure reorganizing the resources in your library should change the text browser order, so if you are doing that, it would sound like a bug. but I am not 100% sure you are referring to the text browser.

Kristin

@Kristin I'm not sure about the text browser. Here's a screen shot after moving the ESV to the right 

Screen Shot 2023-01-12 at 2.58.47 PM.png

Hi @Larry Wing,

Ya, that is something totally different from the text browser. Is this a saved workspace? If so, I would just drag and drop the Bibles in the order you want, by picking up the tan color and just literally moving it, then re-save the workspace.

I hope this helps some,

Kristin

Thank you @Kristin but that's what I had done. Originally the workspace had the ESV to the far left and all other translations were compared to that ESV. I wanted to change the comparison to have all translations compare to NASB95 so there shouldn't be any comparison marks and ESV should have them but that's not what happens.

I tried unchecking Compare and saving but when I opened and selected Compare it didn't display as I expected.

Maybe it's not designed to do that in workspaces and I have to create a new one every time I change the main?

I think you have to create a new one every time unless you delete the left text, which will then move the next one into that position and then add a parallel text that you just closed and then move it into the position that you want. That way you do not need to redo the whole workspace

Larry, im not on my mbp at the moment but from memory its a setting under one of the cogs.
Either you need to click on the cog  to the right of the word compare and you should then be able to set the text.

If not its under the cog by nasb95 or esv. 

trial and error. But here is the help page if that helps. 

https://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/OSX13/Default.htm#topics/04_gswa/compare_texts.htm?Highlight=Compare text

Edited by ukfraser

I tried deleting the ESV and then the NASB95 became primary (difference colors no longer show) however when I add ESV to the end it then becomes primary and NASB95 now shows differences.

Guess I'll have to create new ones.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

What happens when you go up to the “ESV with Strong’s” menu to the left of the Search box and change it to “NASB95”?

15 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

What happens when you go up to the “ESV with Strong’s” menu to the left of the Search box and change it to “NASB95”?

Thank you. That works. Although I still need to change the display settings once the version is changed.

• Like 1