JPS Notes

Harvey

I cannot download JPS Notes. (Though it showed up in my library previously it would not display. I thought the problem might be that I needed a newer version of the JPS Bible than the module that I had purchased ten years ago, but splurging for the current version---in the hope that it would fix the problem---didn't help.)

• Like 1

Where are you looking for them? Have you any other translations and can you see the notes for those?

on ios they are in translator notes. These are mine on my ipad. You can search for them as well. On ios, in the library just type jps and you will see if they have been put in a funny place when they were downloaded. (I dont agree with some of the default download locations and frequently move them.)

289A6998-6222-46DC-A6D9-C7DE0F0C2F4A.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

Keep me posted on this one. If it’s not resolved, I’ll get Tech Support on it next week.

I am running Accordance 14.03 for Windows. JPS is the only translation I have installed. The message I get when clicking on a footnote in the translation is that "The appropriate notes tool for 'JPS' cannot be found or is not installed." JPS Notes does appear in my library, under "Parallels."

• Like 1

Remind me about this on Monday, and I’ll get Tech Support on it.

A lot of my note files ended up in in the Parallels tool Folder! instead of the correct Translator Notes Folder they cannot be moved out!

I think the culprit for this was my clicking Organized all Tools by Category button as in the following link...

Organize Library Items (accordancefiles2.com)

The solution is to completely remove the xxx Notes file from parallels. 

Then go to easy install and download it again, then move it Translator Notes or whatever preference you have!

I have successfully done this with the MHNT notes and NASB(2020) notes etc... . Sometimes there is a delay in a removed file becoming available in easy install

As you can see below there a few more for me to "fix" (by the way accordance does not allow you to move anything out of the parallels folder)

image.thumb.png.f7cab35ee1cefe3c302fc146d7d42966.png

• Like 1

Is this issue resolved or do you need further assistance?

The issue is resolved in terms of how to fix it when translator notes mysteriously disappear

So no further assistance needed

Perhaps it flags a possible bug in the tools library organisation

• Like 1

Thanks for the update!