Greek and Hebrew Word Study and English Ky Number Word Study don't work in Text Tabs

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

When working in Text Tabs (not search tabs), selecting a word in a Greek or Hebrew text and choosing any of the word study options does nothing.  Doing so in an English translation works for "Word" but not for "Key Number"

To reproduce:

-Open an Accordance Tool that includes hyperlinks (e.g. Classic Passages)

-Click on a Scripture hyperlink to open a text tab (i.e. Genesis 1-2, the first entry in Classic Passages)

-in the text tab, add a Greek or Hebrew parallel

-select a word in the Greek or Hebrew parallel, control-click, right-click, or two-finger click to bring up the contextual menu, and choose Word Study>Lexeme.  Nothing happens

-Work you way through the other Word study options to verify they don't work, either

-Do so with the other original language

-Now set one of the panes in the text tab to a Key Number text (i.e. ESVS), select a word (i.e. void),  control-click, right-click, or two-finger click to bring up the contextual menu, and choose Word Study>Key Number; not that this also does nothing

-Finally, using the same word selecting in the English text, control-click, right-click, or two-finger click to bring up the contextual menu, and choose Word Study>Word, to verify that it does work.

All these searches work correctly in a search tab. 

I use text tabs extensively for my preaching prep, as I have created user tools for each year of the lectionary (whether Narrative or RCL) and for each non-lectionary preaching series I do.  I click on the links there to pull up the text tabs for my chosen texts and proceed to do my exegesis from there.  While the search tabs give me a workaround, it's annoying.  I hope this can get fixed soon.  

Edited to Add:  Accordance 14.0.3; Mac Monterey. Edited again to fix a typo

Edited by Lorinda H. M. Hoover
  • Like 1

Remind me about this on Monday, and I’ll get you in touch with Tech Support.

This one I'll definitely get back to you about on Monday!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lorinda H. M. Hoover said:

When working in Text Tabs (not search tabs), selecting a word in a Greek or Hebrew text and choosing any of the word study options does nothing.  Doing so in an English translation works for "Word" but not for "Key Number"

Its even worse! Other Amplify features don't work either in the TEXT tabs with Hebrew.

E.g. Research does nothing

Search for Lexeme does nothing

• Like 1

Thanks! I’ll have Tech Support look at both of these issues on Monday.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2023 at 2:29 AM, Anonymous said:

Its even worse! Other Amplify features don't work either in the TEXT tabs with Hebrew.

E.g. Research does nothing

Search for Lexeme does nothing

And to add:  Amplify>Parallels doesn't work....I haven't tested everything, but Anonymous is probably right that it affects all any amplify type operations.

Actually, amplify>Parallels does work, if a verse # is selected, but not if text is within the verse is selected.  Which is potentially o.k. except there should be some kind of error message explaining that the verse # has to be selected.  

Edited by Lorinda H. M. Hoover
  • Like 1

Lorinda,

Can you try working with Text tabs in 14.0.4? I think the issues you were having were a regression introduced with the Word Study Live Click and should be fixed in 14.0.4.

Mike

• Like 1

Mike:

It does work now.  Thanks.

• Like 1