correctly overwriting User Bibles

Kristin

This is a sort of basic question about User Bibles, but I would like to double check it here before I do anything, as I am spooked of doing anything wrong and messing something up in the program.

I have a specific User Bible which is literally my Bible, so it is an iterative process. I work on it and call it something by the date. So lets just say "Example Oct 22." Then I upload it to Accordance and it asks me what I want to call it, which I always found odd, but I say "Example Oct 22."

Then the next month I save my work duplicating the file and call it "Example Nov 22." Then I upload it to Accordance and it asks what I want to call it, so I say "Example Nov 22."

Sometimes I upload more than once a month, so then I re-upload "Example Nov 22" and the software asks me if I want to replace it and I say yes.

I now have a large collection of "expired" User Bibles in Accordance which I never access and am thinking of deleting

With this all said, it just occurred to me that when I name it in Accordance, I can call it something entirely different, and that is why it is asking. Is this correct?

For example, I upload "Example Oct 22" and then when it asks me what I want to call it I say "Most Recent" or whatever. Then in November I upload "Example Nov 22" which is obviously a totally different file, but then when it asks me what I want to call it I can say "Most Recent" and it will get rid of Example Oct 22 and replace it with Example Nov 22, and this will not cause a problem. Is this correct?

So then when I am scrolling with it in parallel it will just say "Most Recent" but if I go to the text details it will tell me the real Bible, if it is Example Nov 22 or something else. Is this correct?

It just occurred to me that his is how you are probably supposed to do it, and maybe I am the only one with 20 User Bibles, but before I make this radical change in how I upload, I want to make sure this is ok and I am not missing anything.

Thank you,

Kristin

• Like 1

Let me look into this and see what I can find out for you.

• Like 1