Changing Color of Tool Texts Is Broken

Robb B

When I go to Settings (formerly Preferences) and navigate to Tool Display, change the color of the Search highlighting text (to Burgundy), change the color of hyperlink text to a custom blue color I like, hit OK, and Apply (or not) to open windows, the burgundy color is applied to the hyperlink text type, the blue is not applied to anything, and the search highlighting text is a custom black (I don't think it's custom at all, just regular black, but it displays as custom).

When I change the color in the tool settings for an individual tool, everything works as expected. I am running Accordance 14.0.3 on MacOS 13.1 on a 24-inch M1 iMac.

This is a known, ongoing bug and frustration, especially when you go through dozens of hits in different tools in quick succession, e.g., on dictionaries and commentaries. Black just doesn't cut it.

14.0.3 on 13.1 on M1

I've also experienced this bug in version 13. Haven't tried on version 14 because the changing text settings causes Accordance to crash or loses current settings.

Thanks for this. I linked it here. If you find any other issues in Accordance 14, post a thread like you did, and also link it to the below thread. We’re centralizing all outstanding Accordance 14 issues in that thread.

• 3 weeks later...

14.0.4 seems to have been resolved for me too.  Thanks to the programming team for getting this fixed with the recent update.

• Like 1