Custom Reader Guide - Searching

Biblebob412

Over a decade ago, Accordance made a tutorial on how to create a custom Hebrew or Greek reader's guide (which still blows my mind!)

When I open the workspace I get the message "Now performing search..." every time. 

Does anyone know how I can prevent this? The video below seems to imply it should be a one time thing, but I'm still a new user so it might be something I'm missing. The link starts at time marker 7:54

I don’t think workspaces save search results, so Accordance would indeed have to repeat the search every time you open the workspace. If you leave the workspace (and Accordance) open, then the search results will remain in memory, and you can move on to another passage and parse it without repeating the search.

If you want to save the search results, one way would be to convert them to highlighting by highlighting the hits (making a highlighting file just for this). Then you could search for highlighted words instead of [COUNT 1-40]: it might be faster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jlm said:

I don’t think workspaces save search results, so Accordance would indeed have to repeat the search every time you open the workspace. If you leave the workspace (and Accordance) open, then the search results will remain in memory, and you can move on to another passage and parse it without repeating the search.

If you want to save the search results, one way would be to convert them to highlighting by highlighting the hits (making a highlighting file just for this). Then you could search for highlighted words instead of [COUNT 1-40]: it might be faster.

That's a good point. Also, until I read your reply, I didn't think about removing the search command from the previous day. For now I'll just remove the [COUNT 1-50], so I can keep all windows the same until I need to translate a new section. Thank you!

• Like 2

Keep me posted on how this goes and if you need further assistance.

• Like 1