Accordance Academic Marketing Survey

Dr. Nathan Parker

For our Bible colleges and seminaries, what are some key areas in which Accordance could improve in its marketing to academic customers to make it easier for Bible colleges and seminaries to use Accordance more? Feel free to include information on select modules, features, module bundles, training, etc.

Thanks!

@Nathan Parker

One avenue,and it can go with the denominations, if accordance can start working in the denominational meetings, they may have some schools in connection.

That could open doors. 

• Like 1

The future of libraries in Biblical studies is shifting towards online resources. This is unfortunate in many ways, but is necessitated by the rise of online learning. Accreditation demands equal access to resources for in person and online students. Seminaries are paying large some of money to build up online databases of commentaries and other works. 

In this environment being able to offer students access for a fee to resources will allow seminaries to accomplish the resource role out. An illustration. During the pandemic Logos made available resources to the seminary I was in so that we did not have to go in to the library. They then pulled those resources back after the restrictions had subsided. 

My point is there is a lot of money that is moving in Chanels out side the historical norm. Both publishers and software are in flux of how this is going to work. Accordance for the web is a strong start in being able to deploy products in this new world. 

I also think there is a difference between what would make life easier for a student (or is better for a student) and what is best or marketable to an academic institution. 

• Like 1

Maybe I'm the dying breed and Bible software is going after a market I'm no longer in, but I really am not a fan of these "denominational" packages. The biggest reason I'm using Bible software is for original language sources and tools. To my knowledge, those things are largely not denominational specific. They're either good or they're not. The denominational stuff is all the secondary resources (commentaries, monographs, etc.) and while those are useful, that's not why I got into the game. If you want those, honestly the other software business has a huge advantage. Don't try to beat someone at a game they're winning, find your niche and keep it. I get it though. You're trying to get more sales, more income to continue to produce more and keep people employed. That's why I said maybe I'm just not in the right game anymore.

Edited by mhanel
  • Like 3

Thanks for all of the feedback! I’ll pass it all on.

This may be too specific, but the one thing that holds me back from talking more about Accordance here in France is the relative absence of French-language modules, specifically Greek and Hebrew to French lexicons. I know Accordance has acquired permission to offer the French translation of Barclay's Greek NT lexicon and that will help if it comes out. There's also an abridged translation of Köhler-Baumgartner (HALOT) in French and that would be helpful. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Donald Cobb said:

This may be too specific, but the one thing that holds me back from talking more about Accordance here in France is the relative absence of French-language modules, specifically Greek and Hebrew to French lexicons. I know Accordance has acquired permission to offer the French translation of Barclay's Greek NT lexicon and that will help if it comes out. There's also an abridged translation of Köhler-Baumgartner (HALOT) in French and that would be helpful. 

Thanks! I’ll pass this on as well.

• Like 1