overly compressed charts when viewed horizontally

A. Smith

Perhaps this should be a bug report, I'm not sure. I've noticed this morning at Luke 3.21-22 that when the syntax chart is put at the bottom of the text pane and viewed horizontally it is compressed beyond usability. When the pane is moved up beside the text pane it reads as normal. I'm confident the reason for the compression is the absurd nest of subordinates in the following genealogy. However, when viewed vertically, I can simply scroll to see the top of the extended trees. But when viewed horizontally, they are simply compressed, even when vs 23 is not in view. See the pics for a bit of explanation.

Here you can see the compression:

1653987855_Screenshot2023-01-03at07_48_46.png.9321978956f6d4ec3451ffc7b9717d9c.png

And here you can see how it should look.

948096820_Screenshot2023-01-03at07_48_59.png.15c163e0f44e1404c391893525c1f9bf.png

And here is the crazy nest of subordinates in the genealogy that are probably causing the compression

1364494698_Screenshot2023-01-03at07_59_03.png.105c6cd7596ad47750125166d791b90c.png

And here you can see how they appear when viewed vertically. Note that the trees extend to the left beyond the visible window. You can simply scroll to see the top of the trees and the labels.

53881894_Screenshot2023-01-03at08_05_29.png.7581e8673ecd9dd15094b7f6ad6c3e75.png 

• Like 1

I'm having a similar issue with the Greek module. I cannot update the Hebrew module for some reason. 

• Like 1

I’ll pass this on as well to support and see what I can find out.

@A. Smith,

That looks like a bug. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will report it to the programming team.

• Like 3

@Gary Pauley

As a work around for now you can go into the Accordance Safe Mode troubleshooting window and select Uninstall Syntax and other special files. Then you can go into Easy Install and download new copies and you will get the updated versions in that download.

If you are on Mac, press your ‘option’ key as you open Accordance in order to open Accordance Safe Mode.

If you are on a Windows PC, press and hold your ‘alt’ key ‘immediately after’ you click on the Accordance icon in order to open Accordance Safe Mode.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Billy32792 said:

@Gary Pauley

As a work around for now you can go into the Accordance Safe Mode troubleshooting window and select Uninstall Syntax and other special files. Then you can go into Easy Install and download new copies and you will get the updated versions in that download.

If you are on Mac, press your ‘option’ key as you open Accordance in order to open Accordance Safe Mode.

If you are on a Windows PC, press and hold your ‘alt’ key ‘immediately after’ you click on the Accordance icon in order to open Accordance Safe Mode.

Thanks @Billy32792, I've done that multiple times and I still end up with the older versions. I was told that it is a bug and it has been reported. 

Edited by Gary Pauley
  • Like 1

@Gary Pauley

Yes you are right. I have learned that this feature which has always worked in the past is being affected by this bug also.

I am sending you a copy of the HMT-W4.syntax file (vs 3.1) to the two email addresses that we have on file for you along with instructions to install it.

Let us know if it works for you.

• Like 1