Accordance 14 not opening correctly

mark Turney

I am using Accordance 14.0.3 on Windows 11, but each time I open it the accordance window is not the same way as I closed it on the last session.  I have it set to open on last session but when it opens some of the window is not visible and I have to play with it to get it to show on the full screen.  I have tried changing the options for what session it should open on to see if that would fix it.  I tried changing it to open on the default session but it still does the same thing.  I returned it to open on last session but still has same issue.  It isn't a train smash but it is annoying. Here is a screen shot of what it typically looks like when I open Accordance. 

image.thumb.png.d4ca7f221f44b6e37a4b374936caefbe.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar thing happening - see scrshot.jpg - Sometimes app opens to a small window pushed up to top of monitor with title bar effectively hidden.

My limited testing indicates that the hidden title bar only happens when I closed from a full-screen session, but not all the time.  

I tried setting the Accordance shortcut (on my taskbar) to open to 'Maximized' (it was on 'normal window') - no change.

I tried setting shortcut to open to 'Minimized' - No change.

I tried 'Run as Administrator' - no change.

I tried 'Disable Full Screen Optimizations' - no change.

I switched StartUp to 'Default Search Tab' and got significantly different results. App opened to almost full screen every time. Regardless of how I close the program.  Does this suggest that Accordance ties previous window setting to the workspace?  Switching back to different startup workspace returns the aberrant behavior.

Also, if I open Accordance directly from 'Accordance.exe' I got the second screen shot consistently regardless of which monitor and what screen size when the app is closed over at least a dozen attempts.

I'm using Windows 11. Accordance 14. 

ScrShot.jpg

ScrShot-2.jpg

Edited by Brian Gauthier
Updated
  • Like 2

I have it on the list for our developers to look at.

• Like 1

Great, thanks.

As a work around, I opened Accordance and then increased the workspace to almost fill the monitor screen. As long as I don't resize that workspace, it will reopen to that nearly maximized size. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, has there been any resolution?
I think I am having the same problem.  Accordance window opens a window that overfills my screen, and it doesn't let me it to fit.  I have to enter full screen mode for it to work (but only temporarily, as it reverts back when I switch to another screen).  I have MacBook 13.2.1 using Accordance 13.4.2.

Image is of full screen mode with oversized window)

Screenshot2023-03-14at2_11_58pm.thumb.jpg.a55a4cdd974156c432b0abdbb86d26df.jpg

Looks like there's no testing, by the programmers, then the beta team. I think version 14 came out 1 year too soon.

3 hours ago, jeremy.smith said:

Hi, has there been any resolution?
I think I am having the same problem.  Accordance window opens a window that overfills my screen, and it doesn't let me it to fit.  I have to enter full screen mode for it to work (but only temporarily, as it reverts back when I switch to another screen).  I have MacBook 13.2.1 using Accordance 13.4.2.

Image is of full screen mode with oversized window)

Screenshot2023-03-14at2_11_58pm.thumb.jpg.a55a4cdd974156c432b0abdbb86d26df.jpg

This was typical for me in v13 too. Especially if I used a second monitor.