Can't Update Content

Lee Gordon

Accordance Version: 13.3.4

Windows Version: Windows 11, version 22H2 (OS Build 22621.963)

Every time I try to update the content, it gets half-way through, then won't make any additional progress, not matter how long I leave it running. Also, I cannot "stop" the update, without using Task Manager to force-close the app. Here's a screen-shot.

https://ibb.co/RPHx9Sd

I also tried the steps in this link: https://forums.accordancebible.com/topic/31926-crash-with-check-for-content-updates/?do=findComment&comment=163086 , but they didn't work. 

After just buying new content, it's frustrating not being able to download and use it. Also, it looks like there has been some issue with this for nearly a year. This is not acceptable. If I can't access my content, I want my money back. I will not invest any further in a glitchy program that I cannot use.

Update: After several uninstalls and installs, it was at least possible to download my new content. However, I remain unable to update my content. It just goes to half-way on the progress bar, then stops. The only way to end it is to force-close it with Task Manager. Also, while it searches for updates, my typing input slows to a crawl in all other apps.

Edited by Lee Gordon
updated information

6 minutes ago, cim said:

I'm using Accordance 13.4.2. It was installed a few days ago from a saved installer dated 12/12/22.

Thanks. Where did you find the download? Does 13.4.2 resolve the issue described above?

I am having the exact same problem as Lee but I have never had this problem before. I can't download the new app update as a result because I can't stop this version of Accordance from running to update it. I need help figuring out how to fix this issue.

52 minutes ago, Lee Gordon said:

Thanks. Where did you find the download? Does 13.4.2 resolve the issue described above?

If you go to Support and downloads on the accordance Website and download the Windows version, you will get 13.4.2

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Weatherby23 said:

I am having the exact same problem as Lee but I have never had this problem before. I can't download the new app update as a result because I can't stop this version of Accordance from running to update it. I need help figuring out how to fix this issue.

Have you tried going into preferences - update and uncheck "check for updates"

image.png.61ffa4b5496bb7103a6ce8ee2be178cc.png

• Like 1

I am having the same problem you describe on my Win10/Acc13 computer - progress bar stalls when I try to update. On Win11/Acc14 I get an error message when I try to update - I think it says there may be a problem with the servers. On the Win11/Acc14 installation I am able to check for updates by going to Utilities>Easy Install, and then clicking the Updates radio button at top. Not sure if this works with Acc13, but I will check later and let you know.

Here is the error message I get in Win11/Acc14 when I go to Utilities>Check for Content Updates...

image.png.548b71cd1351e3c2ba955d2f3dc554c4.png

On the same system when I go to Utilities>Easy Install and click the update radio button shown at the top of window below, it seems to be working (says modules up to date):

image.thumb.png.9c47e35ac7074aea8f6cc8659a312030.png

11 minutes ago, Erhard said:

Have you tried going into preferences - update and uncheck "check for updates"

Hey that worked Erhard, thank you! I got the newest update but I still can't search for content updates; it says there may be an issue with the server. I will worry about that later, I am just glad to have the newest app update now.

2 minutes ago, Weatherby23 said:

Hey that worked Erhard, thank you! I got the newest update but I still can't search for content updates; it says there may be an issue with the server. I will worry about that later, I am just glad to have the newest app update now.

Try doing easy install first and then go for updates. That seemed to work most of the time

• Like 1

On 12/26/2022 at 2:48 PM, docdave said:

Here is the error message I get in Win11/Acc14 when I go to Utilities>Check for Content Updates...

image.png.548b71cd1351e3c2ba955d2f3dc554c4.png

On the same system when I go to Utilities>Easy Install and click the update radio button shown at the top of window below, it seems to be working (says modules up to date):

image.thumb.png.9c47e35ac7074aea8f6cc8659a312030.png

That worked for me too. Go the the gear at the top right an click "refresh list".