Easy Install

rcdeacon

Just ordered Oxford Bible Companion. It does not show up in Easy Install. Did not know if servers are broken or over loaded.

Bob

It's normally pretty instant for me. But they've just done a server migration and they're somewhat off their game in relation to staging / pre-release testing. Try contacting support. They've been very helpful in the past.

6 hours ago, rcdeacon said:

Just ordered Oxford Bible Companion. 

Bob

Please do a review and let us know what you think of it. Ive been looking at this for some time, wondering between this and eerdmans. 

thanks

I installed The Oxford Companion to the Bible today (Sat) on a Windows 11 PC. It appeared in Easy Install almost immediately after purchase and was installed with no problems. 

• Like 1

It STILL has NOT shown up!

Bob

It should be there, at least on your Windows device. Maybe you should contact Tech Support directly instead of in the forum. They're very helpful.

• Like 1

@ukfraser: Until you get a full review, this a brief summary of the two Companions:

The Oxford Companion is ecumenical in nature. Contributors have a range of theological views - some quite liberal. However, the articles are well presented. The articles are also internally cross-referenced for immediate display in Accordance's 'Instant Details' This is a more academic / semi-technical work.

The Eerdman's Companion is more evangelical in nature, although representing a broad range of evangelical views. I don't own this one, but from what I've seen of the text, I consider it to be fairly basic - perhaps aimed at a student / popular readership.
I got the Oxford Companion while in the Sales. Although I'm a conservative evangelical, I'm finding it an informative asset. 

• Like 4

Many thanks Gordon. From the screen shots i got the impression that the layout is very different with eerdmans following the bible books but the oxford being set out more like a dictionary. 
I already have an eerdmans dictionary and the oxford commentary with the oxford dictionary in hard copy and wondering how much more i really need. 

6 hours ago, ukfraser said:

Many thanks Gordon. From the screen shots i got the impression that the layout is very different with eerdmans following the bible books but the oxford being set out more like a dictionary. 
I already have an eerdmans dictionary and the oxford commentary with the oxford dictionary in hard copy and wondering how much more i really need. 

The Oxford is indeed more like a dictionary. It has a selection of names, themes, places, and theological summaries, etc. Some articles are very short, and some are quite lengthy. Because it's a single-volume work,  however, it's unable to cover every name or subject in the Bible. I particularly like its ability to cross-reference articles by displaying the related article in Instant Details when you click on the hyperlink - a bit like a Scripture reference or footnote in Instant Details, but usually with much more information than just a few lines. 

I sometimes have both hard copies and Accordance copies of particular books. I like the Accordance copy here because of the ability to cross-reference related articles quickly. Admittedly, I probably wouldn't have got it, though, if it had not been in the sale!

Gordon

• Like 1