Check for Updates don't work when accordance webpage open in app

cim

When Website: Accordancebible from Help menu is open in app, Check for Updates from Utilities is unresponsive. It works again when site is closed. Actually, the whole program needs to be terminated from Task Manager then start over.

Accordance 14.0.3.0

Windows Pro 11 v22H2

AMD Ryzen 7 5700G

RAM 128GB

Chrome Version 108.0.5359.125

Edited by cim

@cim I just want to check if this is what you mean. Here is a screenshot of mine. Help is opened from the top ribbon and is open. Update works for me in this scenario.

I have noticed that certain computers seem to have more issues than others. This is Win 10 Pro

My Win 11 Pro has a similar issue as you have described, but clicking the X on the update screen a few times and waiting seems to close the pop up.

image.thumb.png.ba9f33e56f2d0545f777f493e20978bb.png

@Erhard No, not Help, but accordance website from the Help menu.. I clicked on the Update X several times and there's no response. Ctrl Q pops up an update progress window, then one by one the update, and website screen and app begins to shut down, but it takes minutes.

Edited by cim

@cim, yes, it does it on Windows 10 Pro as well that way. On Windows 10, it does shut down the updates pop up window after a while

Check for updates (v13.3.4) on Windows 11 seems to hang forever and needs terminating too. Easy install works fine.

Edited by cweber