Scot McKnight's translation of NT "The Second Testament"

jakoeshall

I would love to see Scot McKnight's forthcoming (June 6) translation of the New Testament. 

He takes a similar approach to translation as John Goldingay did for his "First Testament." 

What is the process? Does Accordance approach the publisher? Or do publishers sometimes approach Accordance? 

• Like 2

Thanks, i wondered how this would differ from the text by tom wright and found this which i found interesting. 

https://scotmcknight.substack.com/p/the-second-testament?utm_source=profile&utm_medium=reader2

i wonder if ivp will offer this as a combined text with goldingay's as an alternative to the goldingay/wright one that compliments the everyone series? That may muddy the licencing work mark had already started (and which may be in progress).

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I believe combining it with Goldingay's FT is the plan. I know that McKnight hopes that this version will also be available in Accordance. 

• Like 1

I’ll forward this one onto marketing as well. I’ll find out more about the process as I sit in future meetings.

• 4 months later...

No ETA at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

We have NT Wright's produced, but we need a license to sell it. We're looking into that at the moment. No ETA on McKnight yet.

• 2 months later...

I would like to add my voice to this thread as I’d very much welcome purchasing Scot Mcknight’s NT translation.

• 1 month later...

Just an update….

I emailed IVP to learn the status of Scot McKnight’s, The Second Testament potentially coming to Accordance.  This was their response:

Thanks for your patience. I just heard back from our Digital Team and Rights Manager.

It sounds like we have previously offered to contract this title with Accordance but did not get a response. If you were to reach out to Accordance and let them know that you would like to see this book made available on their platform, that would be helpful. We find that customer demand is usually more compelling than a publisher’s sale pitch.

Here is the information you might need: 

The Second Testament, A New Translation by Scot McKnight

• Published by InterVarsity Press (IVP): June 20, 2023
  • ISBN: 978-0-8308-4699-3

Given that IVP has pitched this New Testament translation to Accordance, and given that users in this forum have expressed interest in adding it to their collection, is there anything I/we could do to help?  I’d very much like to purchase McKnight’s translation.

Thanks so much!

Let me check with our teams and find out.

• Like 1

We'll work on getting a license on this one. Would be a great addition!

• 3 weeks later...

We've secured the license for this and have it in the queue for development.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love to have McKnight's Second Testament in Accordance. Sounds like you're working on it. What's the ETA?

• Like 1

We're working on it, but I don't have an official release date yet. I don't think it'll take too long though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

We're working on it, but I don't have an official release date yet. I don't think it'll take too long though.

I will give you all 3 weeks, get er done! 😁