Search bar is too big whenever saved workspaces are opened

Jon Ball

Happy Advent, friends.

I have been having an issue that cropped up a number of months ago. I've dug around a few times trying to resolve it (even uninstalling and reinstalling) and nothing has helped. Whenever I open a saved workspace, the search bar is now 3x the normal height (see screenshots). I can resize it to normal with the cursor, but it is irritating to lose a couple lines of text, especially with lots of panes open, and annoying to have to fix it every time. It doesn't matter how I save the workspaces, and happens with old ones that worked fine before. A clue might be that a new workspace opens with a normally sized search bar.

I'm running Accordance 13.3.4 on MacOS Monterey 12.5.1.

Thank you for any ideas of how to solve this!

Accordance 2.jpg

Accordance 3.jpg

Hi @Jon Ball,

I only have one idea, which likely won't work given your comment, "It doesn't matter how I save the workspaces", but I will mention it anyway.

I would resize it with the cursor, then go to File and press "Save As" and save the workspace. Since it will have the same name, it will ask if you want to replace the workspace, and you can say yes.

It sounds like you have likely already tried this, but I just wanted to mention it just in case.

Kristin

@Kristin, thanks for the suggestion. I did try that, to no avail. I appreciate your response!

• Like 1

I've had the same problem for several years.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jon Ball said:

Happy Advent, friends.

I have been having an issue that cropped up a number of months ago. I've dug around a few times trying to resolve it (even uninstalling and reinstalling) and nothing has helped. Whenever I open a saved workspace, the search bar is now 3x the normal height (see screenshots). I can resize it to normal with the cursor, but it is irritating to lose a couple lines of text, especially with lots of panes open, and annoying to have to fix it every time. It doesn't matter how I save the workspaces, and happens with old ones that worked fine before. A clue might be that a new workspace opens with a normally sized search bar.

I'm running Accordance 13.3.4 on MacOS Monterey 12.5.1.

Thank you for any ideas of how to solve this!

I assume you’ve selected and then deleted it all. Just to make sure you don’t inadvertently have some blank space filling the box?

On 12/22/2022 at 11:12 AM, A. Smith said:

I assume you’ve selected and then deleted it all. Just to make sure you don’t inadvertently have some blank space filling the box?

Yes, I've double-checked this. There isn't any extra blank space, and no carriage returns at the end of the line. It just opens at triple height.