Serious bug in User Tools in version 14.0.3

miketisdell

I was attempting to figure out how i could create a commentary with the new "commentary" user tool type (for which there appears to be no documentation). One of the things I attempted was to create a title of a Scripture link to see if this was changed from version 13 to support the "commentary" feature. However, like version 13, this feature is not supported. But unlike version 13, instead of returning to the editor to allowing the offending link to be removed, VERSION 14 EXITS THE EDITOR AND DISCARDS ALL CHANGES!

THIS CHANGE IN BEHAVIOR AS THE POTENTIAL FOR A LOT OF LOST WORK!!!

image.thumb.png.4fc7e3f7b4061d48e6e492a6a95ec3c7.png

Just a question on this, as I haven't really used the feature. I have versions 13 & 14 installed on my MB air (although I've hardly used 13 since installing 14). Would it be possible as a temporary work-around to do the work in 13 and then open it up for use (but not for editing) in 14? Just a thought to keep things going while waiting for the next update...

Hi @Donald Cobb,

You should be able to, but I know from other threads that some people are having issues with 14 not being able to open old tools. So it seems to be a hit or miss if you can do that.

• Thanks 1