Referencing Timeline Module

erik mckitrick

Does anyone know who to properly reference something referred to within the Timeline Module?  How would one put it into the Bibliography?

Are you thinking of the source for the data on the time line? I seem to remember @David Lang I believe doing a seminar on this and mentioning the main source documents that they used for the time line. Maybe David could answer your question.

Hi @erik mckitrick,

I agree with @Erhard, and I remember that webinar to. My recollection is that citing Accordance stuff, you can just add the source as the Accordance Timeline. If you want it more specific, you can find the direct URL within Accordance. Using Abraham as a random example, if you right click on his name you get the option to "Copy as Search URL" which produces a direct link for citation.

I hope this helps,

Kristin

894645077_Bildschirmfoto2022-12-20um18_18_55.png.36f5503d6960540bf00707880d4a0f38.png

Additionally, they have this copyright policy

Q: May I use the maps I create in my teaching materials, website or book? What about other images?

A: Yes, we consider that the Atlas and Timeline are simply tools in which you create an image. The work is therefore yours and may be freely used, though we do appreciate acknowledgement of the source.

The photos and other images are copyright, and their use online and in print is restricted. If access to your materials is restricted to your students, and you post a reminder that these images may not be posted online for public access, and you use lower resolution images, there would not be a problem with the images that belong to OakTree. For images with other copyrights, please contact the copyright holders for permission.

In the "Help" - about the Text you can also get this

image.png.076bae40f7f107e483936546a795cee4.png

Thank you guys very much for your time.  Merry Christmas and a God blessed new year