1977 NASB with Strong’s

byewcr

I prefer the language of the NASB 1977 to the 1995 version; I prefer the more literal language throughout and the formal use of Thee and Thou in reference to Deity. And I respect the translators’ decisions to make their changes in the 1995 revision. I’m glad both are available for Accordance users. I would appreciate having the Strong’s numbers included in the 1977 NASB as they are in the 1995 NASB, but I realize there might be licensing issues that prevent this addition. 

Edited by byewcr
  • Like 2

This may have more to do with the publisher. I have access to multiple versions of the NASB in multiple software platforms and in no case doI have a 1977 version with Strong's numbers. I find running the 1995 version with Strong's numbers in parallel to the 1995 edition is a sufficient work around, and it is interesting to note the differences between the two.

Shalom,

—Joseph

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t know if the publisher ever added Strong’s to their ’77 edition, but I had a Key Word Study Bible once that did (in print). Something that could be looked into with Lockman Foundation.