Psalm 8 is talking about Jesus?

gregoreite

As I was teaching through the Psalms in my university (public) class on the Bible, I call up Psalm 8 in NET and it has this header:

Exposition of Psalm 8: Jesus and the Destiny of Humanity

Psa. 8:0  1For the music director, according to the gittith style;2 a psalm of David.

Psa. 8:1  O LORD, our Lord,3 

What does this header have to do with widely accepted translations of the text? Was David thinking of Jesus when he wrote it?

In general, I like headers to indicate contents, but is there a way to remove this interpretive innovation?

Thanks! Greg

@gregoreite, I just checked my EPUB version of the NET 2nd Edition, and this heading is not present. However, it is present as the heading for the pericope beginning in Hebrews 2:5 (it's also present as a heading in the Accordance NET Notes module for the same verse). My guess is this is simply a mistake in the Accordance NET module. Your best bet is to use the Report a Correction command from the context menu to make sure it gets to the right person at Accordance.

The hyperlink on Ps 8 simply needs to be removed from the section heading.

The NET module is pulling the section headings from the corresponding NET Notes module. You can open the NET Notes module and see that this heading is not present in Ps 8, but Acc is displaying it because of the Ps 8 hyperlink. Thanks for the feedback. 

• Like 3

Fixed.

BTW, you can turn off Section Headings in the Text Display (Advanced) settings if you want. Uncheck the "Show Section Headings" option. 

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for all the helpful comments... I will post the correction

This is bizarre. Definitely a mistake somehow. Looks to me like the heading of some commentary got misplaced here. Highlight the text, right click and select report correction. Then make a note in the email that this heading is out of place. That will email accordance with the problem.