Dark mode, notes text black on black

A. Smith

The new v14 dark mode is everything I'd hope dark mode could be. It's handled almost perfectly. 

Except notes. The background is dark gray; the text is black. Virtually unusable. Please help, because I really love dark mode and want to use it. But I depend on notes for pretty much everything and they're impossible to see in dark mode. 

• Like 1

I've been messing around with the v14 dark mode a bit, and it's really cool but still just a little buggy.

I wonder if this would address your issue @A. Smith. While you have dark mode toggled on, change the user notes display preferences to whatever you want (white text on black). Apply those changes and save your current workspace. Then toggle to light mode, adjusting the user notes display to whatever you want (black text on white background). Again, apply those changes and save current workspace. 

Now, when you toggle back and forth between light mode and dark mode, do your user notes change along with it?

Hi @tswope,

I am not on dark mode, but I just wanted to mention that workspaces do not do anything with fonts, but with windows. So if you set up your Bibles and notes and whatever and create a workspace, if you create a new workspace, font changes you make apply.

While this does not help the dark mode bug, I think this is good, since otherwise you would have to be constantly changing your fonts every time you created a workspace if it does not save your font changes.

Kristin

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tswope said:

I've been messing around with the v14 dark mode a bit, and it's really cool but still just a little buggy.

I wonder if this would address your issue @A. Smith. While you have dark mode toggled on, change the user notes display preferences to whatever you want (white text on black). Apply those changes and save your current workspace. Then toggle to light mode, adjusting the user notes display to whatever you want (black text on white background). Again, apply those changes and save current workspace. 

Now, when you toggle back and forth between light mode and dark mode, do your user notes change along with it?

No. Unfortunately nothing changes. Well, actually it does change for a moment. But if I go back to light mode and back again, it resets to black on black. Changing the text color is not realistic considering I've got literally thousands of notes on thousands of texts. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A. Smith said:

No. Unfortunately nothing changes. Well, actually it does change for a moment. But if I go back to light mode and back again, it resets to black on black. Changing the text color is not realistic considering I've got literally thousands of notes on thousands of texts. 

When I did change the text color on just one note so that it was white text on black in dark mode, it then becomes white on white in light mode. 

What's odd is that, when editing the note, it is white text on black, as it (apparently) should be. But then black on black when the edit window is closed. 

Edited by A. Smith
  • Like 1

Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 17.29.55.png

Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 17.30.46.png

Edited by A. Smith

Sorry, @A. Smith. I think that happened to me early on for a brief bit (I think on v14.0.1), but the user notes display appears to work as expected for me (on v14.0.2).

On a side note, you mentioned that it is not realistic to change the text color of all of your notes, since you have so many. Unless I'm missing something, this doesn't strike me as an issue, since there is a tick box to "Standardize text display" for ALL User Notes. 

283928681_Screenshot2022-12-15at9_56_27AM.thumb.png.d233175b746d289faef47446d7a5492b.png

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, tswope said:

Sorry, @A. Smith. I think that happened to me early on for a brief bit (I think on v14.0.1), but the user notes display appears to work as expected for me (on v14.0.2).

On a side note, you mentioned that it is not realistic to change the text color of all of your notes, since you have so many. Unless I'm missing something, this doesn't strike me as an issue, since there is a tick box to "Standardize text display" for ALL User Notes. 

283928681_Screenshot2022-12-15at9_56_27AM.thumb.png.d233175b746d289faef47446d7a5492b.png

heh. I actually didn't know what that even meant. I'll try that. Thanks. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, tswope said:

Alright. And now it's perfect. Thanks!

• Like 2