How do I know if/when a correction I submit is completed or rejected?

dlrude

I have been reporting corrections by email and screen shots because the built in method does not work for me since 2014.

I noticed a new item that should be corrected a few days ago.

As I contemplated sending it in I became curious about other prior but different corrections that I had submitted by email.

So I looked a few of them up by going back to the location of the error to see if it was still there. They were.

Have been wasting my time submitting them?

I checked a few that I sent in about a year ago and the errors still exist.

The errors that I checked were merely hyper link errors that likely exist within the Accordance data only.

How do I know that anyone even looked at my correction? How do I know that he/she rejected, accepted or fixed it?

Why is there not some feedback to the person that submitted the correction about actions being taken.

I have submitted corrections diligently to help improve this product (Accordance) that I think the highest of and suggest to others regularly.

This correction method that is in play now does not inspire confidence.

Can someone from Oak Tree  respond?

Dave

As a former Accordance employee, I can tell you that Accordance collects error correction reports but doesn't act on them 1) until a title reaches a critical mass in the number of reports, or 2) a critical error needs immediate attention.

Missing verse hyperlinks are not considered critical errors, so they take a back seat to almost everything else. 

Edited by Mark Allison

Thanks again Mark.

I know you are merely reporting the policy, thanks for that.

A policy like this "collects error correction reports but doesn't act on them 1) until a title reaches a critical mass in the number of reports" isn't very impressive in my opinion.

An error needs to be corrected. A policy like the one above does not produce a quality product but merely one that "gets by".

I smacks of we only fix what we have to when enough customers catch us.

I think that they should do better than that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dlrude said:

An error needs to be corrected.

Of course. And in a perfect world, a correction would be taken care of as soon as a correction report is submitted. That would require two or three full-time employees who handle nothing but corrections and updates. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/9/2022 at 5:40 AM, Mark Allison said:

As a former Accordance employee,

I did not realize that you are also no longer with Accordance 🙁