Accordance 14 Weekly Updates

pder3571

With all the problems logged thus far with the recent Accordance 14 roll-out, and with only one update, would it be too much to ask Accordance to provide at least one weekly update, let's say on Monday, to help alleviate the problems, one step at a time, until a degree of normalcy is reached? Accordance 14.0.2 was good, but it just plainly is not enough.

• Like 5

Yes, at least a heads up as to when we can expect more updates.  I know this wouldn’t be normal but this roll out wasn’t normal. 

I am checking the forum daily for update info.  Still camping out in 13 until I see the bug reports slow down.  Version 13 is great but looking forward to the new features. 

I’d take the plunge but don’t want to be dealing with bugs in middle of sermon prep with the clock running down to service time. 

• Like 3

Version 14 was released as a "work in progress", just as my experience was when upgrading from 12 to 13.

I believe that in 2 years' time most of the bugs will be sorted out, unless they work faster than with version 13.

I have 13 and 14 on my PC and switch from the one to the other as needed.

Assume there is no update if they don’t post an update. If they haven’t released an app update, it’s not ready to release and they don’t have a date for release. This really isn’t that hard, folks. Rather than asking someone at Accordance to waste their time telling us they don’t have anything new to tell us, let’s have them spend that time fixing stuff and working on making the product better. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Robb B said:

If they haven’t released an app update, it’s not ready to release and they don’t have a date for release.

This is good because they just released a whole version that wasn’t ready.  Hehe

We certainly would rather have them working on bugs than posting info on the forum, I agree. 

However, Logos updates their software every six weeks.  So hoping/wanting/wishing for a general idea isn’t out of the question for this industry.  It certainly isn’t a demand just a want. 

The OP’s post is just another indicator of the frustration that has been experienced by users just wanting their software, which they paid for, to work.  The forum is just a microcosm of a large user base.  Can you imagine how many are upset who aren’t active on the forum?

We’ll just keep checking and trying to be patient. I am sure they are doing the best that they can.  

• Like 1

I understand the frustration and am completely sympathetic with it. But I also know that companies rarely, if ever, keep updates or news users want to hear secret, especially in this scenario. We know they’re working on it. We know they’ve heard our frustrations because even the owner has responded. We know they’ll update us when they have something to update. 

Personally, I don’t like artificial update schedules like Logos uses. It can tend to compel companies to release something just to hit a scheduled update, not because they have something significant to release. Logos contains a lot of bloat, in my experience, and I’d guess some of this is due to what you describe regarding their release schedule. 

• Like 2

Also, in my experience, the vast majority of users never visit the forums and are never nearly as upset as those who do visit the forums. Forums tend to create an artificial bubble that is not representative of reality for the vast majority of the user base. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Robb B said:

Also, in my experience, the vast majority of users never visit the forums and are never nearly as upset as those who do visit the forums. Forums tend to create an artificial bubble that is not representative of reality for the vast majority of the user base. 

You are correct, most users will not visit the forums.  This is precisely why forum feedback is so important.  Statistics show that only 1 in 26 unhappy customers will complain.  The others will just churn. I am sure this varies by product and service. This is why companies are encouraged to have feedback forums.  They can monitor consumer sentiment this way and respond accordingly.  So, though the complaints might be annoying to Accordance loyalist (not a pejorative) the negative feedback is important for Accordance to see.  Regardless, if some see the complainers as entitled, unreasonable or impatient;  their opinion matters and is paramount to ongoing success.  It should be encouraged as long as it is not toxic.  

I’d like to see Accordance remain strong and viable, especially in light of the thousands I have invested.  I’ve bought into Logos and though it is incredible, I’ll be doing most of my study in Accordance.   And if I had to choose between them, I would take Accordance. 

• Like 1

Sorry Pedr3571!  I helped hijack your thread. I’ll exit the convo now. Hope you get your update wish or something helpful soon.  

• Like 1

In the webinar yesterday, it was mentioned that the next update would be released soon, likely today

• Like 3

All I was asking was for a weekly update on ONE problem child associated with Accordance 14. I'm sure that coding is slow, but I'm pretty sure that one bug a week would be doable. At least it would demonstrate progress, whereas right now, who knows what, when, where, or how? To me, good customer service starts with good communication, and right now, in my opinion, Accordance is not demonstrating either. That could be easily reversed by simply providing either a weekly or even bi-weekly update, or regularly communiques to let everyone know what IS being worked on and when the next correction will be forthcoming. Chastise me, if you think I'm wrong, but given what has happened after the A14 roll-out, I don't believe that I am.

• Like 9

On 12/8/2022 at 10:00 PM, Robb B said:

I understand the frustration and am completely sympathetic with it. But I also know that companies rarely, if ever, keep updates or news users want to hear secret, especially in this scenario. We know they’re working on it. We know they’ve heard our frustrations because even the owner has responded. We know they’ll update us when they have something to update. 

Personally, I don’t like artificial update schedules like Logos uses. It can tend to compel companies to release something just to hit a scheduled update, not because they have something significant to release. Logos contains a lot of bloat, in my experience, and I’d guess some of this is due to what you describe regarding their release schedule. 

You said, "We know they’ve heard our frustrations because even the owner has responded."

Based on the owner's response, I cannot conclude that he has really heard our frustrations. While he has acknowledged that people are frustrated, he has not really acknowledged that releasing beta software was a problem, nor has he indicated that this will not happen again. He has made no effort to make sure that more people do not experience the same problems by indicating to people that version 14 is not a stable release; people are finding this out only after they have upgraded and then begin having problems. 

I just saw this posted in a FB forum yesterday with many responses:

"After playing around with it for a morning, I simply cannot believe that Accordance 14 is so bad, at least on the PC. My fear is that Logos will simply eat its lunch and Accordance will go the way of BibleWorks. Then, like all monopolies, Logos will inevitably raise its prices."

I cannot say that their fear is without merit because every new Accordance user who tries Accordance 14 as their first version of Accordance will likely end up choosing their competitor. I truly hope that we get some indication from the owner that he has really truly heard the concerns that many have expressed AND IS WILLING TO MAKE CHANGES TO ADDRESS THEIR CONCERNS!

Edited by miketisdell
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, miketisdell said:

I cannot say that their fear is without merit because every new Accordance user who tries Accordance 14 as their first version of Accordance will likely end up choosing their competitor. I truly hope that we get some indication from the owner that he has really truly heard the concerns that many have expressed AND IS WILLING TO MAKE CHANGES TO ADDRESS THEIR CONCERNS!

I have to say I agree with this... they really need to get Acc14 to the point where there are no spinning beach balls (or whatever the Windows equivalent) and where simply acts like trying to check content updates don't produce a crash - I am one stuck between using 14 and 13 - it would be better to formally go back to 13, especially for anyone new coming to Accordance than to leave it like this... I really don't want to use Logos and I don't believe they would allow the cross trade over of my really extensive (expensive) library... so I am desperate that Accordance stays in business but this isn't the way to do it and it is dragging on far far too long

Please Accordance fix v14 or withdraw it or come up with some other approach which doesn't leave your customers in this position for what is in danger of being 'months'

• Like 2

Just now, Leopold Green said:

I have to say I agree with this... they really need to get Acc14 to the point where there are no spinning beach balls (or whatever the Windows equivalent) and where simply acts like trying to check content updates don't produce a crash - I am one stuck between using 14 and 13 - it would be better to formally go back to 13, especially for anyone new coming to Accordance than to leave it like this... I really don't want to use Logos and I don't believe they would allow the cross trade over of my really extensive (expensive) library... so I am desperate that Accordance stays in business but this isn't the way to do it and it is dragging on far far too long

Please Accordance fix v14 or withdraw it or come up with some other approach which doesn't leave your customers in this position for what is in danger of being 'months'

I think that if they simply noted that this was pre-release software and still unstable and pointed people to Accordance 13 as the stable version then people would understand why there were so many bugs running 14 and would choose it knowing that they should expect bugs. Putting beta software out there (as production product) without warning people that it is not stable is a big problem. 

Edited by miketisdell
  • Like 4

• Dr. Nathan Parker locked this topic