New Copy As Citation Formats Don't Work Because Copy As Doesn't Work

KevinPurcell

As the title says, when I try to use the Copy as Citation and change to different formats using the old or new nothing happens. It just copies the copied text from the book. Here's a screenshot of a result of 3 styles.

1504118721_copyascitationaccordance14.thumb.png.fc009e0ae0473d1309be63ac9b8f6c0a.png

Hi @KevinPurcell

Is this consistent across a range of modules? In the past copy as citation issues tended to ultimately come down to a module issue. The fix was to update the module. Since I am not in front of a machine at the moment could you confirm for the developers that this also consistent across a range of modules types?

I am not seeing this problem.

I have tried with multiple different resources including a couple of texts and commentaries like NAC, Expositors Updated and Bible Knowledge Comm.

UPDATE: I just tried with a Bible dictionary and a Sermon Illustration tool and both of them worked right. So it doesn't work with any of my communities or at least the handful I've tried. But does with non Bibles and non Commentaries.

Edited by KevinPurcell

14.0.2 Win 11

CTRL-C to copy not working any text I've tried.

Right Click > Copy does work

(I checked, and it works fine in the latest version 13)

Edited by mgvh

It seems to work fine for me.

The text is copied using ctrl alt a and then pasting into Word

next is copy as citation

next is copy as Bibliography - shows just the note number and inserts the reference in the footnote area

same again with NAC

image.thumb.png.9407c95f052aea7ecce7c3cebb93c815.png

1 hour ago, mgvh said:

14.0.2 Win 11

Ctrl - C  works for me in Windows 10 for both Text and Commentary

11 hours ago, mgvh said:

14.0.2 Win 11

(I checked, and it works fine in the latest version 13)

I just tried it on my Windows 11 machine and everything works on it (14.0.2, Win 11, Lenovo T15)

image.thumb.png.5cfb2265b57cf41e03e2f67868f95df3.png

Hmm.... closed and restarted 14.0.2 and now CTRL-C is working.

Kevin, when I copy as a citation It aways copies in the same style no matter what style I have chosen. And in some styles it does not even footnote it.

On 12/8/2022 at 10:44 AM, Randy Cue said:

Kevin, when I copy as a citation It aways copies in the same style no matter what style I have chosen. And in some styles it does not even footnote it.

Yep and it happens on windows and mac

On 12/8/2022 at 8:44 AM, Randy Cue said:

That is strange, on my computer running W10 Pro, it works and changes styles. Accordance seems to have more issues on some computers than others

image.thumb.png.338ba15843edc90f9ae30d605dbcde7c.png

• 3 weeks later...

I experience a similar bug. Copy as citation of a tool will only copy the the text, not the text info. However, copy as citation works for Bible texts. This used to work for me in Accordance 13. I attached my preference settings.

acc-copy-citation-prefs.png

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem. I had the problem on my previous Macbook. I installed v.13 on a new MacBook. None of the copy as functions work, except Lexical Forms and copying verses. I cannot copy stuff from my commentaries (which are freshly downloaded by the way) and get a citation afterward. Honestly, I have thousands of dollars tied up in Accordance and it is becoming unusable. I'm very disappointed.

For people monitoring this thread who are still experiencing these issues, please reply with your Accordance version and macOS version. I’ll personally test any Accordance 14 bug reports mentioned. For Accordance 13, I’d need another user to test and confirm them since I’m solely running 14.

Since there are so many parameters in play here, can I please ask everyone reporting here to indicate which Accordance version, which operating system and processor type, which text/tool module and version, which kind of citation format is selected, and what kind of paste is happening (formatted or unformatted text) and to which application.

• Like 2