14.0.2 Can't access some User Tools by most methods

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

I rather suddenly discovered that I can no longer access certain of my User Tools by most methods, including a mission critical one.

It shows up in the library, but double clicking it does not open it.

It shows up on the list of the tools if I click on the User Tool icon on the toolbar, but it won't open their either

Choosing File>New Tab  and choosing the User Tool in question from there will work sometimes, but not others.

This is not the only user Tool so affected, but it is not the only one.  It is one I edited after moving to Accordance 14.  At least of of the other ones that won't open using most of these methods is one I created after migrating to Accordance 14, during the beta period.  

I have the same experience with some of my personally generated tools. Also, sometimes Accordance will not let me create new tools. I go through the regular "new user tool" dropdown but nothing happens. 

Finding this to be a problem as well in 14.0.2. New User Tool is said to be unavailable even though it is listed and the module fails to open.

Today while working on reporting a different User Tool bug, I realized that I can no longer reproduce this bug.  I am now able to open the previously problematic User Tools using the methods that did not work in my OP.  No upgrade to Accordance yet.  I have edited one of the tools since the OP; have not edited the other.

Note to self, in case continued followup is necessary:  affected User Tools were Grinch Advent and Hebrew Word Studies

I was having trouble in Accordance 14, but today it was working fine for me in 14. I haven’t used 13 since the beta test started. 

• Like 1