A way to know which tutorials I've already completed

tswope

Would there be a way to indicate that I've completed a tutorial after I've completed one? There are many tutorials in the Help-->Training-->Tutorials menu. I want to systematically work through them, but I'd love to be able to keep track of which ones I've completed, so I don't repeat or skip any by accident.

Perhaps a simple check mark before the title of each tutorial, or "completed" in parentheses after the title.

To clarify: I'm suggesting something more than the "recently completed" menu (which is useful to a certain degree).

Edited by tswope
  • Like 4

• 1 year later...

Hi @tswope,

I don't personally use the tutorials, so this comment is more out of curiosity than anything. But that stated.

On the top of the Accordance screen on the right if you go to Help --> Tutorials 

Are you not seeing ones you completed there? On my end eveything is listed. (Though I admit I don't think I have completed any of them).

Kristin

1 minute ago, Kristin said:

Hi @tswope,

I don't personally use the tutorials, so this comment is more out of curiosity than anything. But that stated.

On the top of the Accordance screen on the right if you go to Help --> Tutorials 

Are you not seeing ones you completed there? On my end eveything is listed. (Though I admit I don't think I have completed any of them).

Kristin

Here's what I see (see attached). What I'd love is a check mark beside tutorials that I have completed (or some way to know that I've completed them).

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 11.04.39 AM.png

@Kristin, I have completed maybe 5-6. But, I honestly can't remember which ones they were now.

Hi @tswope,

I can certainly understand why you aren't sure which you did and which you haven't done yet. I agree that it would be helpful if there was some sort of indication. I know Accordance currently grays out text if you search for it in the text search bar, so I think graying text out which had been completed makes sense. Especially if you do a lot, I think check marks would start making it look cluttered. Either way though, I agree it needs to be indicated. 

That said, when they first introduced it, I went through a tutorial just to see how they were like. It told me to select a word it told me to, then to highlight it, then to do something else. Then the tutorial was over. However, after it was over, that random word it had me highlight in a random color had actually highlighted the text and was still there after the tutorial! That was frustrating that it actually edited my working text. I had sort of assumed that the tutorial work was within a special tutorial container which would not change my actual work, but after I learned that was not the case, I never used them again out of fear of it screwing up something with my actual work.

@Kristin, the grayed-out text seems appropriate. Good idea.

I think I have assumed the same as you, that I am operating in a practice module or something. Perhaps this should be a feature request (or, maybe a bug).

Thanks for your thoughts!

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback on both of these fronts! I'll collect it all and give it to our programmers to consider in the future.

• Like 2

This is a very good idea! While we're at it, could the "next" feature be accessed by pressing on "enter", rather than having to move the mouse with each popup? This has already been requested:

I'm hopeful that this can be integrated into the next update. 😀 Thanks!

• Like 2

Probably not the "next" update, but I can at least file it as a feature request to look into.

• Like 1